• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

03/20 - 03/21 Storm?

cdskier

I told my kids to pack 3 days worth of clothes instead of the usual 2 for when we head up to VT this afternoon.

I fully suspect that after trying to be a responsible parent and plan ahead just in case, that we'll now see a sudden, dramatic shift in the storm track far to the East and this storm, just like many others this year will be a miss ;) :smash: :rolleyes: :lol:

I already gave my manager a head's up that I'm calling out Monday if this thing shifts west...

abc

I grabbed what I needed to "work from home". I doubt it'll be much use as far as skiable snow but I aren't going to drive through that stuff to get to work, especially when all the plow trucks probably stowed away their plows.

BenedictGomez

LOL. Figures the one time the GFS is going to be the correct model, is the one time is predicts a solution for much less snow.

2015-2016 in a nutshell.

JDMRoma

yup once again its going OTS, Good for the fishes ! Fucking Lucy.......Biotch !!

skibumski

If you went with the least optimistic model every time this season, you'd be basically 100% correct

hammer

yup once again its going OTS, Good for the fishes ! Fucking Lucy.......Biotch !!

Beats getting a foot in Boston with nothing for ski country, which is what I was seeing a few days ago. Still disappointing but not unexpected. Hope the colder weather this weekend helps to preserve what is left...

JDMRoma

Beats getting a foot in Boston with nothing for ski country, which is what I was seeing a few days ago. Still disappointing but not unexpected. Hope the colder weather this weekend helps to preserve what is left...

It certainly does ! I work just south of Boston. Would have sucked on Monday to get into work ! Might as well keep on going east as far as I'm concerned !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
12819240_1004261322954459_2128126935789462161_o.jpg

Hopefully this guy has found a different line of work since posting this shit

BenedictGomez

Hopefully this guy has found a different line of work since posting this shit

He should be commended for it.

Way better than being a typical met-coward, and that map wasn't terribly crazy when he posted it.

EDIT: And people like you are the reason why we dont get much professional information until 2 minutes before the storms hit. I cant say I blame them.

JDMRoma

He should be commended for it.

Way better than being a typical met-coward, and that map wasn't terribly crazy when he posted it.

EDIT: And people like you are the reason why we dont get much professional information until 2 minutes before the storms hit. I cant say I blame them.

He should be committed ! Useless fucking map anyways ! Although it does include southern NH.
Still a POS !

BenedictGomez

He should be committed ! Useless fucking map anyways ! Although it does include southern NH.
Still a POS !

Held my tongue a while, but you sound like an absolute whining baby.

Were I a mod, I'd ban you from the weather forums. You should be.

All you do here in the Weather Forum is curse and use the F-word, complain about weather, complain that a given forecast doesn't include your zip code, and (AMAZINGLY) literally complain about the hard work that the 4 or 5 posters here who understand weather a bit, post in an attempt to be helpful and make positive contributions here all season long to help fellow skiers. It's not like I (and the others) NEED to post here to help give people an early read on storms.

In fact, it's the few posters like you that are the reason why I dont post much in "Weather Forum" anymore. This subforum was WAY better back when I joined AZ and there were only about a dozen of us that seemed to even know it existed.

yeggous

As the only professional on the forum, I avoid this forum. And just for reference, that nap was wish-casting even when it was posted. I never would have put that out.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

Held my tongue a while, but you sound like an absolute whining baby.

Were I a mod, I'd ban you from the weather forums. You should be.

For the record I've only complained about your maps.

Banned .... Funny I've been banned from better places !!

Lighten up Nancy, no need to get all upset about the F bomb.

JDMRoma

Wait, so we're not getting a foot across all of MA? I thought that was a lock. So much for my Nashoba Liftopia purchase.

Should have bought tickets for something in the Poconos.
Best skiing in the north east

BenedictGomez

just for reference, that nap was wish-casting even when it was posted. I never would have put that out.

It wasn't wish-casting, it was blatant model-hugging of the Euro (see below). Looks to me like he basically took the below and slapped about a 7:1 or an 8:1 on it and you'd end up pretty much with his map. Live by the ECMWF, die by the ECMWF.

Attachments

• OOps.jpg
    OOps.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 83