• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wearable Ski Coach - New Era?

da-bum

always thought about getting it, but never did. interesting that it tells you all those detailed info, but I don't see any coaching or tips on what you should do to improve your skiing. Maybe that's in the drill part?

mikes

always thought about getting it, but never did. interesting that it tells you all those detailed info, but I don't see any coaching or tips on what you should do to improve your skiing. Maybe that's in the drill part?

Yes there are a number of drills that you can do and some limited coaching that goes along with it. You also get some tips after runs even if you aren’t doing drills. It’s feedback along the lines of start edging your skis earlier in the turn, increase your edge angle, .... It can’t really diagnose what is leading to those issues. The drills can help but there is something to be said for an instructor laying eyes on you and trying different approaches to help you correct your issues. I view it more as a supplement to live instruction.

da-bum

It would have been better if it gave real time feedback via the headphones, such as more outside ski edge pressure, stay on edge pressure longer, more pressure in the forefoot, etc.