• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dropper Length?

BackLoafRiver

So, I am in the market for a dropper.

I know the diameter of my seat tube is 30.9 and it comes with a 400mm post

The reverb has a 30.9 option in 390 and 440mm option. How do you know which length to get?

Edit - By being a total idiot, I didn't do a quick goolge search. Turns out there are threads all over on it. Something about measuring the exposed post and accounting for the collar length. I'll give it a go. On another note, does anyone have experience with anything other than the Reverb?

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
I don't have any experience with any dropper posts, though I'd like to give some a try. Definitely use google to research any posts you're thinking of, some of them don't have a very good reputation for reliability.

Puck it

I am looking into one too. No experience either. Thomspons and KS's are suppose to be good. I have also read bad reviews on the Fox one. I am looking into the internal cable ones.

buellski

My Kona came with the KS eten remote. It is on the lower end of their models and only has 100mm of travel. I've been very happy with it, but I would like one with a little more travel. This is the first one I've ever had, and I wouldn't go back to not having one. I did have a small issue last season with it not staying extended, but it just needed a good cleaning.

Puck it

The Vyron will not work for me. The minimum height with full extension is 207mm and my current seat post is only exposed 150mm.