• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are conditions like today?

dlague

Today is our first sustained cold day in a while. I was curious to see how well places got groomed or if the surface is thin?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Windham is skiing quite nicely this morning. It was a lot softer at opening than I anticipated. 7 trails, not sure how many they're claiming. Today is the of last day, first visit to Windham in years, Warren Miller voucher. Sadly it's the only one I've used this year. I redeemed through the Albany portal, so I got Windham, Gore, Sugarbush, Burke, Smuggs, and a K BOGO. Hopefully use the Gore next weekend, and the K sometime this Spring. Gotta be the best bang for your buck in cheap skiing...if you use them.
1458401130398.jpg

WoodCore

Hard and fast at Stratton today. Coverage is great and Mtn Ops did a fantastic job grooming. The 2" of new snow yesterday made a big difference in the surface especially up top!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

Wildcat is great today! Crisp surface that holds a great edge. Alley Cat is the pick of the day. I am much more optimistic this weekend than last.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Hunter last 2 hours of day no people great spring conditions. Love having season pass

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xwhaler

Great coverage at Ragged for their closing wknd. Grooming was suspect though and resulted in lots of death cookies and scraped spots.
For all the rumors of Raggeds snowmaking system not being good I will let the pics tell the story. Deep and excellent coverage on the trails they made snow on this season.

Nice day with my son on the Barnyard then some fast laps on both Ragged and Spear before lunch with family in the Stone Hearth.

Attachments

• 1458421346703.jpg
    1458421346703.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 155
  • 1458421357262.jpg
    1458421357262.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 1458421366390.jpg
    1458421366390.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 156

becca m

nice pics xwhaler - Ragged was really good today!!!!! sorry to see the season end there!

prsboogie

Attitash was good. Edgable with a few icy areas but a lot of fun. Bear Peak was a ton of fun.

jaytrem

Went to Big Boulder for the first time ever today. Conditions were nice spring type, and it felt bigger than some other places that only claim 475 vert. Had my 4 year old twins with me. So we only did the few non-terrain park trails. Plenty of snow on those and even more on the terrain park ones. Looks like they could stay open for quite a while if the weather is reasonable and they actually want to. Crowds were kinda light. Would have liked to stay a while longer, but one kid had a melt down when her sister got a chair with a number 3 on it an she didn't.

abc

nice pics xwhaler - Ragged was really good today!!!!! sorry to see the season end there!
Why do they close if there's still decent coverage?

Next weekend is Easter. Admittedly it's a minor holiday but some people have Friday off and may be looking for place to ski...

Quietman

1st non-crotched day this year at SR today, felt like winter. They blew fresh snow top to bottom on White Heat, and the 1st 5 runs down it starting at 8:30 where amazing!! Gave the legs a 1 run break, then hit it again and the masses had descended and it was a woman ran over the tips of my skis when I was going down the steepest section and I decided to move on. The rest of the hill had mainly good coverage but not a lot of base in some areas, but they say that they are going to blow the next 2 nights. Was getting skied off around 3 but we'd had a lot of skiing before then. Overall a really good day considering what we've been dealt this year.

boston_e

Killington quite good. Good coverage, great job by the groomers, fast and edge able. Far exceeded my expectations.

becca m

Why do they close if there's still decent coverage?

Next weekend is Easter. Admittedly it's a minor holiday but some people have Friday off and may be looking for place to ski...

Last year they closed with coverage still in the glades.... probably close due to light crowds????