• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Windham - Sat. 3/19/16 - Their Last Day

Rambo

Cornhead and I skied Windham in the Catskill Mountains, NY. It's about 102 miles for us from Binghamton, NY. It was their last day of the season. Cornhead had a Warren Miller voucher for a free lift ticket, and Tics were $49 on Sat.3/19/16. We got on the lift just after opening at 8 am. Pleasantly surprised as conditions were really good and quite a few trails were open on the main mountain. Clear, sunny, cool day. Really enjoyed skiing Windham today. On the way home we stopped at Brooks Barbeque in Oneonta, and the food was fantastic.

A few pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GEDC2417.jpg
    GEDC2417.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 194
  • GEDC2434.jpg
    GEDC2434.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 190
  • GEDC2436.jpg
    GEDC2436.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 188
  • GEDC2381.jpg
    GEDC2381.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 191
  • GEDC2389.jpg
    GEDC2389.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 191

skiadikt

base depths look pretty good on the open terrain. are they closing because there's no demand? they certainly look like could make through easter even if they close mid-week.

catskillman

Cornhead and I skied Windham in the Catskill Mountains, NY. It's about 102 miles for us from Binghamton, NY. It was their last day of the season. Cornhead had a Warren Miller voucher for a free lift ticket, and Tics were $49 on Sat.3/19/16. We got on the lift just after opening at 8 am. Pleasantly surprised as conditions were really good and quite a few trails were open on the main mountain. Clear, sunny, cool day. Really enjoyed skiing Windham today. On the way home we stopped at Brooks Barbeque in Oneonta, and the food was fantastic.

their coverage looks better than Hunter's I hate to say. However, I know they ran a race on a very very unsafe trail on Saturday with many many bad falls....... the edge of the trail was described as made of Jersey Barriers.
A few pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
heir coverage looks better than Hunter's I hate to say. However, I know they ran a race on a very very unsafe trail on Saturday with many many bad falls....... the edge of the trail was described as made of Jersey Barriers.