• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prepaid ticket/vouchers wasted

cdskier

One lesson is no longer will I buy vouchers or early season ticket deals. If the skiing is good I am fine paying full price or getting a small discount online.

It will be interesting to see how much a year like this where a lot of people potentially wasted some vouchers impacts sales of all those vouchers and early season deals next season...

yeggous

It will be interesting to see how much a year like this where a lot of people potentially wasted some vouchers impacts sales of all those vouchers and early season deals next season...

I know my ski club is planning to be very conservative next year. We'll probably cut back prepurchases 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

The flip side is that if it is a really good season next year, resorts could be the ones benefiting. If conditions are great and people want to ski, many people might be willing to pay closer to full price if they didn't buy enough vouchers (i.e. exactly what slatham said he would do).

steamboat1

Same plan next year as this. Midweek pass to K, Ski VT. pass, take advantage of ski club appreciation days & $30 Thursdays at Mt. Ellen if they're still offered. Worked for me.

Haven't bought a ski club voucher in years.

jimk

I bought a ten pack to Snowbird last fall for $420. Going back out to UT in a couple days to use up final four days, snowy forecast this week:snow:. This will be my third trip to UT this winter. I've also been skiing some other places out there. No cross country drives this winter, that ten pack has caused me to spend a lot on airfare, but you gotta do what you gotta do :dontknow::flag:

PS: I also have seven ski days in mid-Atlantic, never forget my roots.

Last edited:

cdskier

Same plan next year as this. Midweek pass to K, Ski VT. pass, take advantage of ski club appreciation days & $30 Thursdays at Mt. Ellen if they're still offered. Worked for me.

Haven't bought a ski club voucher in years.

No change in my plan either...a season pass to Sugarbush and pay whatever price for a day trip to Platty on President's weekend if conditions are good. I've never really been a voucher/early ticket purchase kind of guy. Although I did buy K50 (I think that's what they were called) tickets years ago for a couple years back before I was a passholder at SB.

NHSkier13

I had a Waterville Valley pass that expired on 1/1/2016 so it wasn't a waste I suppose, I went up on 12/31/2015. Only things open ; Quadzilla, White Peaks, Oblivion & Valley run for trails, since the World cup T-Bar was closed for racing events...

medfordmike

Before this season I had never purchased vouchers. I usually went the Liftopia route if I prepurchased outside of a pass. After last season I was feeling a bit too optimistic perhaps about this season so I decided to try the voucher route out to supplement my Pico pass. I only purchased 4 (Bolton, Skiway, and Cannon 2). I used all four but it was not a great season for Bolton and I went there over Stowe just so I could use the voucher. Skiway was similar in that I used it vs. going some place with better conditions just so I wouldn't feel I wasted it. Both Cannon days were really enjoyable and no regrets on that front.

I don't bargain hunt as hard as some on here but I realize once I spend the money I can't let the pass go idle even if it means passing something better up. Next year I think I will pass on vouchers and just use two season passes, Bold and Beautiful for midweek/early and late season and Pico for weekends + holidays peak season.

On the pass value front if you take into account the $25 in Beast bucks I easily used, the 3 included Sunapee days, and 2 free days at K I got my cost down to around $26 which I am happy with considering this winter. Last year I got it lower but the season at Pico was several weeks longer so taking that into account I am glad I had the pass still this season.

xwhaler

$26/day on a pass is great. Pico pass with the Sunapee 3 days is a great value
Pairing with BW/Cannon next yr gives you some nice variety and longer season.

Robbski

-0- :spread:

Late season sprint burned last two at Loon on 3/30 and 4/6. Both double B days: Bluebird and boilerplate. Actually today had enough fresh from the Sunday/Monday event to make it sort of edgeable kudos to their groomers!

chuckstah

-0- :spread:

Late season sprint burned last two at Loon on 3/30 and 4/6. Both double B days: Bluebird and boilerplate. Actually today had enough fresh from the Sunday/Monday event to make it sort of edgeable kudos to their groomers!

I thought everything skied really good today, with the possible exception of upper Walking Boss. Patches of ice here and there, but great coverage for 4/6 in this season.

Robbski

Agreed. Skis chattered pretty hard on First quarter of Upper walking boss but the rest of the trail skied well considering how firm it was and catching some unexpected full sun was a real treat. I Liked angel street, lower flume and Rampasture today. Glad that I didn't give into my Gondi hate and blow it off today.

snoseek

Ive still got a couple half off vouchers for vail resorts if anyone is heading west. These arent easy to come by at all.

Edit. I forgot i just unloaded some although i could probably score some more
Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

tekweezle

I only managed 6 days on my Stratton value pass. I don't think I will renew it for next year. Might try the Max pass instead since it includes 5 days at Stratton.

Edited to say that I was hoping to go skiing for the last weekend of their season but with just 6 trails open, I'm not sure even they can justify the costs having the lifts spinning. What a crappy season.....

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Last edited: