• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prepaid ticket/vouchers wasted

steamboat1

I've noticed in a few threads people saying they have prepurchased tickets/vouchers they didn't use because of the poor season this year. How many did you not use this year?

I'll start by saying I didn't waste any. Used both my daughters & my last Ski VT. Pass this past week. I will say though my daily cost with my season pass isn't as low as in previous years, $24 per day to date, but I'm still working on it. In the past I've had the daily cost as low as $12.

So how many have you wasted?

Did you get good value out of your season pass?

crank

Left 2 Paid for tickets to Stowe unused on our MCP passes.

bigkhan

Not as good as I would have liked. Season pass value is at $28/day and the season is done here in western PA. Try again next year

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WoodCore

Just one Groupon voucher for Magic Mtn. went unused.

drjeff

Got my season pass per day cost down to $24

Already started working on bringing my next year's season pass cost down (bought my '16-'17 Peak Explorer Pass on Saturday) - already got that one down to just under $300 a day! ;-) :lol: :)

Smellytele

2 skiVT (1 for me and one for the wife. Still may use mine) and 3 Magic groupons. Have 5 unused midweek Sugarbush passes that I got from the Warren Miller movie. Tons of 2 fers (wildcat/attitash/crotched, ragged, and suicide 6).
Got my season pass down to $0. Oh wait that is what I paid for it.

jaytrem

Got my season pass per day cost down to $24

Already started working on bringing my next year's season pass cost down (bought my '16-'17 Peak Explorer Pass on Saturday) - already got that one down to just under $300 a day! ;-) :lol: :)

Did you activate your new pass yet? A friend of mine was told she would lose her remaining 15-16 benefits if she activated the new one. She still had a couple $55 buddy tickets left, so she held off.

No left over tickets for me. I was tempted to pick up a Ski and Ride Card when the price dropped to $75. But with the crap weather I didn't bother. Did a mid-April trip last year with it that was perfect. Would have liked a repeat, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

jaytrem

2 skiVT (1 for me and one for the wife. Still may use mine) and 3 Magic groupons.

Isn't there some kind of rule that the price paid for the Groupon doesn't expire? So in theory you should be able to bring them to Magic next year and get the price paid deducted form a ticket???

VTKilarney

I got a great deal on a voucher to Bromont. It quickly became a very poor deal when I realized that I am not going to get around to using it.

mbedle

Ashamed to say this, but I basically left a season pass at Blue Mountain on the table. Tried to get up there, but the weather just didn't work out for me.

Whitey

Didn't get the kind of use that I usually do on my Ride & Ski card. Got some discounts at Crotched, but otherwise wasted. Didn't make it to any of the mountain events. Didn't really use any of the other discounts.

The "Lost Winter of '16". . . .

drjeff

Did you activate your new pass yet? A friend of mine was told she would lose her remaining 15-16 benefits if she activated the new one. She still had a couple $55 buddy tickets left, so she held off.

No left over tickets for me. I was tempted to pick up a Ski and Ride Card when the price dropped to $75. But with the crap weather I didn't bother. Did a mid-April trip last year with it that was perfect. Would have liked a repeat, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Activated it - I used up my $55 tickets, between my wife and kids, they still have 12 of them left of their passes, we have 5 or 6 free day ticket vouchers good through the end of the '16-'17 season from event volunteering, and no current plans for any non passholding friends coming up the next 2 weekends before the season ends at Mount Snow on April 3rd, so even though my pass is still the same (apparently they're just giving out the new Explorer logo passes to non renewing customers now due to a potential shortage of blank pass stock right now) Nor'easter graphics for now, my benefits are Explorer until I can get my Explorer graphic pass later this year!

Damn that's complicated!! ;-)

VTKilarney

I know a family that bought three children's season passes at Q Burke and never used them.

benski

I bought a Mad River and sugarbush college pass. Got 0 days at mad River. It was 350 vs 310 for a sugarbush all mountain pass.

dlague

I still have two days on my VT Ski 3. I am also about 6 days shy of my season pass total. We plan on using the Ski 3 passes this weekend and plan on two more days at Cannon. If we were sticking around New England it would be easy to use everything. But after April 9th we will be making turns in CO. Out there we have only used our Gem Card twice so now we will hit others.

chuckstah

I'm only projecting 5 days on my Fox 44 card. Was planning on 10. Still OK at $35/day. Season pass is at about $12 per day, and should end up under $10. Not as good as the $7 per day last year, but I skipped a lot of marginal days this year, as it just didn't seem to be worth the drive for shit conditions. Thankfully, I refrained from buying any other vouchers.

abc

Left 2 Paid for tickets to Stowe unused on our MCP passes.
But wasn't Stowe a late add-on?

When I bought MCP, Stowe wasn't part of it. So to me, it's a "freebee". I used it 2 weeks ago, gambling on the condition. Skiing wasn't that great. Probably not worth the gas money and lodging cost in retrospect. But it's not the first time my condition gamble didn't work out...