• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need place to stay around Sugarbush 2-15

Big Game

Going up for a day trip to the Bush tomorrow. It's going to be hard to leave, I know. Hoping I can find a decent relatively cheap place Thursday night so I can make it two days. Any ideas? Much appreciated.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Actually, we have a few rooms on Thursday and one room with two double beds on Friday due to someone arriving Saturday and staying through Tuesday. We're totally booked on Saturday, and two rooms left on Sunday.

I've probably taken thirty calls today from people who didn't watch the weather as carefully as the AZers and want to come up last minute for President's Day. I wish I could help. That's the tough thing about owning a lodge; you can't stockpile your inventory.

JimG.

Staff member
Any reviews of this place? I am looking for a clean, cheap place to stay. I am planning a trip in March and I see they have an "Alpine Zone" discount. I am not really up to day tripping the MRV anymore.

The Golden Lion fits your profile...been there with my family, wife liked it.

Great location at the base of the Sugarbush access road on 100.

Breakfast included in price.

Nuff said.

Big Game

Thanks everyone. And thanks Alpine Zone. Just talked to the King. I got my room for tomorrow night! Life is wonderful.

kcyanks1

Actually, we have a few rooms on Thursday and one room with two double beds on Friday due to someone arriving Saturday and staying through Tuesday. We're totally booked on Saturday, and two rooms left on Sunday.

I've probably taken thirty calls today from people who didn't watch the weather as carefully as the AZers and want to come up last minute for President's Day. I wish I could help. That's the tough thing about owning a lodge; you can't stockpile your inventory.

You probably took a call from me. I have been watching the weather, but an uncertain work schedule and inability to convince others to go has pushed back my ability to make plans. Glad that you are doing well business-wise, as you should on a holiday weekend after a blizzard, though I wish I could join you!