Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Big lottery win - Yellowstone Club. If you ever find yourself bored with the empty 2700 acres at the YC, there are 5800 acres of Big Sky that you can ski to.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    The one your thinking of was rarely used in the last years of the ASC era and torn down when the Hermitage started up. It however has been replaced with a new Skytrac Quad that somewhat follows the original line. It definitely has the mid station!
    I skied haystack a good amount in the 80s and a handful of times through the early and mid 90s but I have no idea what lift you're talking about. I only remember 2 slow triples and an old double that was a bit less slow.
    Clues?

This one has been brewing for awhile. I remember reading about the first gentleman looking for a refund; now another individual:

http://www.dvalnews.com/view/full_st...es_left_column
    SoVT

Just feels like a weird decision when people can buy condos at neighboring mountains with better terrain, more amenities and generally for a lot cheaper. The whole "exclusivity" thing really only works if what you're selling is better than whats on offer to the public.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Just feels like a weird decision when people can buy condos at neighboring mountains with better terrain, more amenities and generally for a lot cheaper. The whole "exclusivity" thing really only works if what you're selling is better than whats on offer to the public.
    have you seen the lift lines at the neighboring mountain?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    People want to be able to say they belong to the Fancy Pants private ski area, it isn't about the skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love Apres'

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    have you seen the lift lines at the neighboring mountain?
    Agreed. Exclusively looks pretty good on the weekends. It’s at least something of value in and of itself.

I would guess it has more to do with the lack of crowds. I can certainly see the advantage of not having to wait in line for the chair on a Saturday mid morning.
    SoVT

The plot thickens...

http://www.reformer.com/stories/whis...agement,531369

So they paid the water bill at the last minute, but still have unpaid taxes. Now a guy hired in September 2017 to help right the ship, specifically in regards to membership sales and real estate, has been fired after three months on the job and felt the need to reach out to OSHA about what he saw going on with illegal money dealings(which sound INCREDIBLY familiar to my sources who worked there before)... Boy oh boy, how much longer we thinking this party will last?

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

The rumor from members that I've heard is that they, some of the majority equity status members, have a plan to keep the club out of Bankruptcy by taking it into receivership, where they'll be able to preserve assets (as opposed to a bankruptcy situation which would see likely asset liquidation to pay off the creditors), and get control away from Jim Barnes. One of the members, who apparently is a NYC finance guy, would be overseeing the taking of the club into receivership and restructuring the debt to keep the club open and operating (something most members want).

From having skied there this past Sunday, it certainly doesn't look like things are as ominous as the reports make it out to be with the full staffing levels, normal daily operations and probably 8 to 12 units of a mix of townhomes and single family homes under active construction in the general base area....
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information