• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Haystack / Hermitage news

FBGM

Maybe they should start a go fund me page like Mt snow did.

Hi all, we don’t have the money, but have big plans. So please give me the monies and then the US of A will give you a green card.

They will all go down in flames eventually. Bye bye.

GoFundYourself out

sull1102

Maybe they should start a go fund me page like Mt snow did.

Hi all, we don’t have the money, but have big plans. So please give me the monies and then the US of A will give you a green card.

They will all go down in flames eventually. Bye bye.

GoFundYourself out
? Mount Snow had a GoFundMe page for something?

Mods...come on now, this guy has added nothing to the forums in any way can't we cut the cancer off now?

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

It's incomprehensible to me why this business is allowed to continue to operate. White collar criminals belong in jail.

At its essence, its all about the ugly nature of modern politics and the taxes that the government receives (even if late, the state obviously deems the Hermitage to be an acceptable risk, in how it looks at collecting those millions) Those millions, even if collected late, are millions for the government's coiffures, money which they then get to dole out in ways that often end up being tied to an elected officials voter base "popularity" to help with their re-election efforts.

So the Hermitage, which is obvious has some issues with its management, is a risk the state is willing to work with to allow them to pay (hopefully) what they owe in taxes, as well as (hopefully) continue to operate and develop some real estate, which will further increase the tax base, and likely increase the amount of taxes collected.

A person or small business who owes far less, isn't as likely to get the sympathetic view that the larger owing Hermitage Club is.... Just simply more return is likely for less effort. Right or wrong, fully open for debate. The reality is that collected tax money to most every politician is equivalent to crack to an addict. They can never get enough...

Smellytele

Yeah I'm sure they are watching these scandals (Jay, Saddleback) and are just licking their chops to get on the front page of the news...... STFU troll

Angry elf you are. No Troll here. Nothing against Mt Snow it is just the EB-5 government initiative that just seems to be the issue. Not just for ski areas but other projects as well across the US

Jcb890

Angry elf you are. No Troll here. Nothing against Mt Snow it is just the EB-5 government initiative that just seems to be the issue. Not just for ski areas but other projects as well across the US
Can't disagree there. The whole EB-5 thing is super shady on all fronts, not just for ski areas.

FBGM

? Mount Snow had a GoFundMe page for something?

Mods...come on now, this guy has added nothing to the forums in any way can't we cut the cancer off now?

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app

Why, because I’m bringing up a topic you don’t like? And you get your panties in a bunch? You sound like not my president.

EB-5 is a go fund me. Peak resorts asked for money because they didn’t have it. And still don’t. And no bank is giving them a loan that big when their company isn’t worth jack.

But that private place next to the crap hole should try the same. Get some funny money. Go wild

But internet’s serious stuff bro. Should kick me off because of my opinion.

Jcb890

Why, because I’m bringing up a topic you don’t like? And you get your panties in a bunch? You sound like not my president.

EB-5 is a go fund me. Peak resorts asked for money because they didn’t have it. And still don’t. And no bank is giving them a loan that big when their company isn’t worth jack.

But that private place next to the crap hole should try the same. Get some funny money. Go wild

But internet’s serious stuff bro. Should kick me off because of my opinion.
Nobody is annoyed with you because of your opinion. It is your delivery. You come off like a jerk with a grudge against Mt. Snow for no reason.

GregoryIsaacs

my grudge against mt snow is that it sucks.

Then you must hate empty woods, great crowd control (-bubble), bumps, apres scene and a management that actually listens to its skiers....... and oh wait also the most economical season pass in the East? Damn that place sucks so much.

Ill give you a recommendation... the bush has plenty of small children you can beat up on but be sure to bring some oxygen canisters cause the elevation sickness really gets to you up there.

KustyTheKlown

lol. mount snow objectively has no pitch. the front side is all the same boring football field sized groomer, over and over again. I find plenty of empty woods elsewhere, and don't need any pampered bubble crap.

benski

lol. mount snow objectively has no pitch. the front side is all the same boring football field sized groomer, over and over again. I find plenty of empty woods elsewhere, and don't need any pampered bubble crap.

Its really nice to ski on the Grand summit, and turn around and see 15 minuet lines to get to the same place.

Vaughn

Well, if the bank is looking at a serious haircut on this debt a new ownership group can probably effectively get the same assets as a discounted rate at the end of the day. Barnes and his team get turfed out and the core ski mountain club can relaunch. Sucks for the bank and the other lenders but that's the banking business, right?