• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Haystack / Hermitage news

VTKilarney

Mind sharing how it would work? You seem to know a little more than the rest of us about this stuff.

Here is a link with all sorts of information: https://readsborovt.org/uploads/VLCT_Collector_Delinquent_Taxes_Handbook.pdf

Of particular note is this:
Collector’s Deed and Property Transfer Tax. If the delinquent taxpayer or mortgagees fail to redeem the property during the one-year period, the delinquent tax collector must execute a tax collector’s deed to pass title from the delinquent taxpayer to the purchaser. This deed will extinguish all mortgages and interest in the property held by people who claim under the delinquent taxpayer.

sull1102

Oh wow, well then somebody might get a really nice deal in the end of all this. That would just about guarantee Berkshire Bank wins the tax sale to clear the slate and then sell it all.

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app

trackbiker

Here is a link with all sorts of information: https://readsborovt.org/uploads/VLCT_Collector_Delinquent_Taxes_Handbook.pdf

Of particular note is this:
Collector’s Deed and Property Transfer Tax. If the delinquent taxpayer or mortgagees fail to redeem the property during the one-year period, the delinquent tax collector must execute a tax collector’s deed to pass title from the delinquent taxpayer to the purchaser. This deed will extinguish all mortgages and interest in the property held by people who claim under the delinquent taxpayer.

That is correct if after one year the mortgagee does not pay the taxes as well. I was talking about the situation where the bank did not buy the property at tax sale and someone else bought the property. The taxes would be paid at the sale and the buyer would still owe the mortgage on the property.

VTKilarney

That is correct if after one year the mortgagee does not pay the taxes as well. I was talking about the situation where the bank did not buy the property at tax sale and someone else bought the property. The taxes would be paid at the sale and the buyer would still owe the mortgage on the property.

Wrong again.

sull1102

IMG_20180411_135125.jpgIMG_20180411_135107.jpg

Drove by this today going to Sneaux, place looks sweet right now. There's a solid 6-8 inches of fresh snow from the past four days on top of a deep base. They could still easily be 100% open this weekend. I'm actually surprised that the lower mountain trails have retained their edge to edge cover. Some people are skinning multiple trails and looked like a sled or two had some fun as well.

Sent from my Z983 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

FBGM

Did the tweakers from bennington and mt blows hippie fest go strip the copper out of the lodges yet?

sull1102

Barnes' lawyer bailing on him is very interesting. In addition it's been said Jim had his antique Rolls out and about top down and all. It's pretty early in the year for that, still salt, rocks, and some mean potholes. Only way I'd pull my antique out this early was if I had to sell it soon for some reason...

mikec142

Barnes' lawyer bailing on him is very interesting. In addition it's been said Jim had his antique Rolls out and about top down and all. It's pretty early in the year for that, still salt, rocks, and some mean potholes. Only way I'd pull my antique out this early was if I had to sell it soon for some reason...

I'm sure that Barnes lawyer is bailing because he's not getting paid.

mister moose

Very few potholes in Avon.

sull1102

That's lovely for Avon, but up here in Wilmington where he was seen driving the Rolls we have just about the worst roads you can imagine right now.

drjeff

That's lovely for Avon, but up here in Wilmington where he was seen driving the Rolls we have just about the worst roads you can imagine right now.
The Southbound lane especially of 100 now between roughly Twice Blessed and the Elementary school wouldn't take much to get it ready to hold a Baja 1000 style race on now!!!

Sure hope the State of VT ups the timeframe to fully repave that section of 100 or else it's going to be a LONG couple of years waiting for it to get to the top of their agenda for yearly projects!!! Might see a few Priuses or Smart Cars with NY and NJ and MA plates on them completely swallowed up sink hole style by a few of them!! [emoji33] [emoji33]

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

mister moose

Oh, ok. I saw his residence was Avon and figured that's where the Rolls was.

sull1102

Drove by on Friday morning and the construction on the townhouses down by the gatehouse has stopped, all equipment removed including the contractor trailers etc. Everything else was completely silent and empty as well. Place feels very much dead.

Glenn

We get the local papers up in VT. Yeah, I still read the paper on the weekends... Seems every week, there's another layer to this story. It's really incredible.

mister moose

That article states that Berkshire Bank has recently paid $949,000 in property taxes, utilities and lease payments to keep the heat on and a tax sale from occurring. They are asking the court to appoint a receiver. That brings the bank tab up to 17.6 million.