Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 64

AlpineZone

Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    The lack of professionalism in the part of pretty much everyone involved really comes across in that article. Sounds like the bank was beyond ambitions thinking they could wrap this up before winter and is now a little prickly about everything, rightfully so. Even if the lifts are running, what about snowmaking?

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Theyd have better luck with the snowmaking than they will with the lifts. Sitting idle all summer with no work done to them is the worst thing for them. Getting them going is going to be a costly and extensive endeavor. Not to mention not just anybody can work on them, you need certified lift mechanics, not just whatever person wants to pretend to be one. It's getting down to the point of them not even being open at all this winter. I'd be shocked if they even get barnstormer and a main run off the summit open, even that would be a miracle at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Theyd have better luck with the snowmaking than they will with the lifts. Sitting idle all summer with no work done to them is the worst thing for them. Getting them going is going to be a costly and extensive endeavor. Not to mention not just anybody can work on them, you need certified lift mechanics, not just whatever person wants to pretend to be one. It's getting down to the point of them not even being open at all this winter. I'd be shocked if they even get barnstormer and a main run off the summit open, even that would be a miracle at this point.
    Well I'm wondering if Techno-Alpin pulled most of their equipment that was on lease off the mountain or disabled it in some way.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Well I'm wondering if Techno-Alpin pulled most of their equipment that was on lease off the mountain or disabled it in some way.

Lots of snazzy looking yellow fan guns still there when I last drove through their access road and up to the clubhouse a few weeks ago. And with a fair number of their Techno Alpin fans tower mounted up on the hill, their removal isn't an easy, quick process by any means. If anything, the HKD towers they also installed would be much easier to remove as relatively quickly they can be detached from their mounts and moved
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

IN order to make snow they will need to pay a big power bill- $$$$

Could see it being cat skiing only for the winter.

From today:

"Judge Denies Hermitage Request for Lift Inspections"

"In a decision issued late last week, Judge Robert Gerety denied Hermitage's request to increase off season maintenance in order to reopen the private ski area. Among the requests included facilitating the annual lift inspections and increasing snowmaking maintenance.

The receiver is currently funded "to preserve the equipment from deterioration," putting the 2018-19 ski season in jeopardy."

Quote Originally Posted by njdiver85 View Post
    From today:

"Judge Denies Hermitage Request for Lift Inspections"

"In a decision issued late last week, Judge Robert Gerety denied Hermitage's request to increase off season maintenance in order to reopen the private ski area. Among the requests included facilitating the annual lift inspections and increasing snowmaking maintenance.

The receiver is currently funded "to preserve the equipment from deterioration," putting the 2018-19 ski season in jeopardy."
    Well, that's that. They're gonna need to get that $30-MILLION (how will they ever ever ever pay that back) loan done ASAP. If you miss even one season it's not going to be good AND how long can that detach six sit around before someone makes an offer and moves it a mile up the road

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Well, that's that. They're gonna need to get that $30-MILLION (how will they ever ever ever pay that back) loan done ASAP. If you miss even one season it's not going to be good AND how long can that detach six sit around before someone makes an offer and moves it a mile up the road

One of the previous articles mentioned OZ being made the majority owner if this deal went through, which could explain how they expect to make the money back. If it's a straight up loan to Barnes, theres no chance of them ever seeing the money back

I'd be shocked to ever see that lift at Mount Snow. It's the wrong brand and Peak Resorts is pretty brand loyal. Would have been a nice fit at Stratton though.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    One of the previous articles mentioned OZ being made the majority owner if this deal went through, which could explain how they expect to make the money back. If it's a straight up loan to Barnes, theres no chance of them ever seeing the money back

I'd be shocked to ever see that lift at Mount Snow. It's the wrong brand and Peak Resorts is pretty brand loyal. Would have been a nice fit at Stratton though.
    Unless of course Peak bought it, and shipped it to one of it's North Conway area resorts. All of their highspeeds are Dopp's....

Not that I think that would happen anytime soon, if it all. I still think that in some form or another the Hermitage will find a financing source

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Oh I don't actually think the Barnstormer will end up at Snow, I just really really really wish it would. It woul totally upstage the Bluebird it's just a nicer lift overall and more luxury. I could see one of the Skytrac quads or one of the Poma Triples going to Snow though. Stratton would be the absolute perfect fit for the Barnstormer to go in where Amex but likely ends up far away somewhere.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Oh I don't actually think the Barnstormer will end up at Snow, I just really really really wish it would. It woul totally upstage the Bluebird it's just a nicer lift overall and more luxury. I could see one of the Skytrac quads or one of the Poma Triples going to Snow though. Stratton would be the absolute perfect fit for the Barnstormer to go in where Amex but likely ends up far away somewhere.

Having ridden both Barnstomer as well as the Orange Bubble Dopp at The Canyons/Park City Resort, and the Leitner/Poma bubbles at Mount Snow and Okemo, as a taller guy, I like L/P's bubbles better than Dopp's bubbles as the Dopp bubble seem to be closer to both my face and also the top of my helmet than the L/P bubbles to me. Just my personal opinion

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information