Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 65

AlpineZone

Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Having ridden both Barnstomer as well as the Orange Bubble Dopp at The Canyons/Park City Resort, and the Leitner/Poma bubbles at Mount Snow and Okemo, as a taller guy, I like L/P's bubbles better than Dopp's bubbles as the Dopp bubble seem to be closer to both my face and also the top of my helmet than the L/P bubbles to me. Just my personal opinion

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    I blame the bubble shape for Hermitage’s troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

snow should just buy hermitage already. or peaks i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Having ridden both Barnstomer as well as the Orange Bubble Dopp at The Canyons/Park City Resort, and the Leitner/Poma bubbles at Mount Snow and Okemo, as a taller guy, I like L/P's bubbles better than Dopp's bubbles as the Dopp bubble seem to be closer to both my face and also the top of my helmet than the L/P bubbles to me. Just my personal opinion

I did always feel like the Dopp bubble was tighter, I'm a good bit over 6ft and felt the bottom of the bubble was kinda of leaving no room between that and the bench seat causing me to hit my shins. BUT the overall feel, heated seats, and ride quality are a little better on the Barnstormer. Although nothing compares to six pack at Laax with the Porsche Design carriers with heated race seats by BVG.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    snow should just buy hermitage already. or peaks i guess.
    It didn't work 20 years ago for ASC, what mAkes you think it would work for peaks today?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I blame the bubble shape for Hermitage’s troubles.
    It's not the bubble shape, but the stupidity of installing a six pack lift

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    It didn't work 20 years ago for ASC, what mAkes you think it would work for peaks today?
    Different time, different owners with different strategy, Haystack was in a much different situation than Hermitage is now with all the new infrastructure already in place. The place is about as turnkey as it comes now.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Different time, different owners with different strategy, Haystack was in a much different situation than Hermitage is now with all the new infrastructure already in place. The place is about as turnkey as it comes now.

Yet still could never get through Act 250 to be interconnected today. So I doubt Peaks has any interest at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    It's not the bubble shape, but the stupidity of installing a six pack lift
    Yeah, that too....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Yet still could never get through Act 250 to be interconnected today. So I doubt Peaks has any interest at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Bingo!!!

The reality is that Peak could likely spend in legal fees what they did, if not more than the cost to build the West Lake snowmaking project/upgrade plus the new Carinthia Lodge to buy The Hermitage and attempt to go through the permitting process to connect it with Mount Snow, and never be able to do so in today's permitting world in VT!! It's not going to happen!!

'07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Best bet in my opinion is a new group comes in and buys the real estate, ski area, golf course, and the Inn at a bargain price and debt free in a year or two. If they clean house, hell bring back the Haystack Mountain name if they can find a way, then they have a chance. Snow will continue to grow and likely get more and more popular and lift lines will grow. Haystack would benefit and then really focus in the golf operation. I mean spend more marketing there than on skikng, maybe upgrade the Clubhouse, do anything you can to beat Snow in that department because it is one place they most certainly can do such.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information