Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 72

AlpineZone

Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 789
  1. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Once that lawsuit is cleared up those investors will have zero trouble finding a new owner that's willing to pay over $7 million for that lift.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    The lift cost $7.8M new per the article. That seems on the high side as is compared to other recent six pack installs.

    Why would a ski area pay $7M for a used six pack that will likely also cost them seven figures plus to move and install?

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app


  2. #712
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The lift cost $7.8M new per the article. That seems on the high side as is compared to other recent six pack installs.

    Why would a ski area pay $7M for a used six pack that will likely also cost them seven figures plus to move and install?

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Was under the impression that these heated bubble six pack lifts are over $9 million to install these days. Perhaps you have data for other recent heated bubble six pack installs? This lift is about as close to mint condition as any out there on the market having been used for just three years on a part time schedule typically weekends only and short seasons.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  3. #713
    Okemo spent $6.9M on theirs in 2014. 1000 feet longer, bigger engine, more chairs.

    Even though Haystacks is in mint condition, I have to imagine there's a fair amount of depreciation and it will be costly to move. I'd be surprised if it sold for more than $5M.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  4. #714
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Okemo spent $6.9M on theirs in 2014. 1000 feet longer, bigger engine, more chairs.

    Even though Haystacks is in mint condition, I have to imagine there's a fair amount of depreciation and it will be costly to move. I'd be surprised if it sold for more than $5M.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Is Okemo's heated?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  5. #715
    Yes. Apparently theirs was the first heated one in the country

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Okemo spent $6.9M on theirs in 2014. 1000 feet longer, bigger engine, more chairs.

    Even though Haystacks is in mint condition, I have to imagine there's a fair amount of depreciation and it will be costly to move. I'd be surprised if it sold for more than $5M.
    I agree when you remove the value of the foundations for the towers, stations and barn, construction costs, engineering, possibly the barn itself, over $5M would be very surprising.

  7. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Okemo spent $6.9M on theirs in 2014. 1000 feet longer, bigger engine, more chairs.

    Even though Haystacks is in mint condition, I have to imagine there's a fair amount of depreciation and it will be costly to move. I'd be surprised if it sold for more than $5M.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Okemo's is also a Poma where as this is a Dopp so that changes things slightly for sure and also many other resorts were slowing down lift installs at that point. Looking around a bit it looks like the Bluebird was $8 million, Stratton just laid out $7.1 million for a non heated non bubble quad. So I may have been off by half a million on what they'll get but I still think it silly to believe they would get a mere $5 million for a heated bubble lift barely used at all with the extra padding seat option.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  8. #718
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Okemo's is also a Poma where as this is a Dopp so that changes things slightly for sure and also many other resorts were slowing down lift installs at that point. Looking around a bit it looks like the Bluebird was $8 million, Stratton just laid out $7.1 million for a non heated non bubble quad. So I may have been off by half a million on what they'll get but I still think it silly to believe they would get a mere $5 million for a heated bubble lift barely used at all with the extra padding seat option.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    But the prices are all installed brand new correct?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  9. #719
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    I agree when you remove the value of the foundations for the towers, stations and barn, construction costs, engineering, possibly the barn itself, over $5M would be very surprising.
    Yup. Very important to keep in mind that the actual value of the physical lift itself is not the same as the original cost that was paid.

  10. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    But the prices are all installed brand new correct?
    Yes, with install costs. Keep in mind though there is something to be said for demand of this summer is the start of a new trend. Moving a lift and installing it at your mountain ala Crotched from Ascutney, is going to quicker and easier than having to get in line and wait. You could be flying in towers while others are still waiting for parts in the parking lot. There's one mountain, yes they have almost all Pomas right now, that is uniquely positioned to take advantage and fly the parts a few miles up the ridge.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.