Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 73

AlpineZone

Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Burke was going to buy Ascutney's HSQ for $1.5M. They backed out because of the cost of removal and moving it and went new. It appears it cost Peak $1.5M to move and install that lift.

Based upon those figures from 5-6 years ago and the HS6 involving much more equipment, I think a fair estimate to move and install that lift at Snow would cost north of $2M. So, if they were to purchase that lift at $7M it would cost basically the same as a brand new lift.

$5M (+installation) is a much more reasonable figure, especially considering Hermitage has basically no bargaining position unless there are multiple resorts interested in the product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Maybe new kidderbrook lift. the stratton bogner crowd has to be getting jealous that they have no heated enclosed lifts and are forced to sit outdoors with the plebes when not riding in the gondola.

*IF* Barnstormer comes up for sale and Mount Snow goes after it, one complicating factor should they consider it for Sunbrook, is where would the bubble storage barn go? Down at the base of Sunbrook, there's not a ton of room between the current base terminal of Beartrap and the current base terminal of Sunbrook, and there's a fairly sizeable (maybe 15 to 20 ft deep) ravine that runs from basically across from the Beartrap queue to the Hermitage side of the current queue area for the Sunbrook Quad that limits access there. And up at the summit, that's all USFS land that would have to be permitted for the sizeable footprint for the storage building. Both base and summit terminal footprints for a HS lift are already larger than fixed grip terminals, and that's before you add in a storage barn footprint for bubbles if one goes that route as well as the likely larger footprint around the base terminal for queue area presuming that more folks would head back to Sunbrook and make some laps once a highspeed goes in....
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    *IF* Barnstormer comes up for sale and Mount Snow goes after it, one complicating factor should they consider it for Sunbrook, is where would the bubble storage barn go? Down at the base of Sunbrook, there's not a ton of room between the current base terminal of Beartrap and the current base terminal of Sunbrook, and there's a fairly sizeable (maybe 15 to 20 ft deep) ravine that runs from basically across from the Beartrap queue to the Hermitage side of the current queue area for the Sunbrook Quad that limits access there. And up at the summit, that's all USFS land that would have to be permitted for the sizeable footprint for the storage building. Both base and summit terminal footprints for a HS lift are already larger than fixed grip terminals, and that's before you add in a storage barn footprint for bubbles if one goes that route as well as the likely larger footprint around the base terminal for queue area presuming that more folks would head back to Sunbrook and make some laps once a highspeed goes in....
    Very late response, but I could see nitro lightly refurbished moved to Sunbrook and Barnstormer to Carinthia. Still not leaving much room for the barn though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

That seems the obvious choice to me. Putting a 6 on Sunbrook would be a complete waste.

Doubting that I'll be seeing Jim Barnes driving around the Deerfield Valley in his convertible Bentley this Summer....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    That seems the obvious choice to me. Putting a 6 on Sunbrook would be a complete waste.
    Unless they go all out and try to expand that pod with another trail or two to the side, better access to North Face via the summit, and build a small eating option with 50+ seats. Then you have a very viable full/half day escape from Main Face. Also depends on the health of Nitro, could be in it's last legs for all we know.

Someone must also want those very nice fixed grip quads Skytrac built. Maybe Challenger or Outpost could see an upgrade as well.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Very late response, but I could see nitro lightly refurbished moved to Sunbrook and Barnstormer to Carinthia. Still not leaving much room for the barn though.

I was told by multiple folks with some knowledge as to the decision making thought process of the mountain off the record, that because of the common clientele of Carinthia, and the likelihood that a bubble would probably be stickered/scratched/smoked up, that *IF* Barnstormer comes up for auction/purchase in a timely fashion, that Carinthia is far from the 1st place it's installation would be considered for.....

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I was told by multiple folks with some knowledge as to the decision making thought process of the mountain off the record, that because of the common clientele of Carinthia, and the likelihood that a bubble would probably be stickered/scratched/smoked up, that *IF* Barnstormer comes up for auction/purchase in a timely fashion, that Carinthia is far from the 1st place it's installation would be considered for.....

That makes me happy because it suggests Carinthia is here to stay the way it is and as I've surely mentioned before I do have my doubts about that.

I wonder if they would be crazy enough to install a second six pack bubble out of the base area on the main face. Grand Summit certainly hasn't been the most reliable lift on the hill for a couple years now...

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information