Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 75

AlpineZone

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    There's another thread for that, go away.

Going out in right field here, but since we're speculating on where Hermitage's six could go I nominate it as a replacement for Stratton's Amex lift. It would get Stratton in the SoVT bubble craze and replace their oldest six pack which is an absolute work horse for the mountain. Lot's of Dopp lifts already at Stratton.

Another great spot would be over at Killington's Ramshead but it'd be the only Dopp on their hill and they seem committed to L-P given they put in their Snowdon Six last year and are putting in the new North Ridge Quad this summer.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

I still say that Mount Snow should replace Canyon with a six, move that hsq to Sunbrook, and move the old Sunbrook quad to replace Heavy Metal. That yields more capacity out of both Carinthia and Main bases, and spreads people out more around the mountain. Both necessary (imo) for the inevitable removal of Ego Alley and Sundance lifts.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I still say that Mount Snow should replace Canyon with a six, move that hsq to Sunbrook, and move the old Sunbrook quad to replace Heavy Metal. That yields more capacity out of both Carinthia and Main bases, and spreads people out more around the mountain. Both necessary (imo) for the inevitable removal of Ego Alley and Sundance lifts.
    I agree with you, but I do worry about the trail capacity in the Canyon area. Yes, Snowdance is ready to take on quite a lot more people, but still. There is also enough room over there for the barn that would be needed. Barnstormer was also built for overall less capacity than a normal six-pack so that could make sense for Canyon. Personally I wish they would change their mind about Carinthia because it would really be a nice upgrade over there with the new lodge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Bubbles get the attention of the masses... Main face... Crowded! Carinthia... Solid Crowd... Sunbrook with 100% snowmaking, some food + beverage services and a bubble would likely help keep a crowd back there for more than it does now, plus make the at times prevailing winds more tolerable, and thus keeping folks off the main face and Carinthia as well (let's be honest, most folks wanting to ski the Northface aren't going to be lapping Carinthia, or atleast won't be until the proposed US Forest Service glading off of the ridge trail between Sunbrook and Haystack happens)

*IF* Barnstormer comes up for purchase, and Mount Snow/Peak win the bidding, if they want the lift to have the most impact in terms of trying to ease the current crowding situation, IMHO the only 2 choices would be to replace either Sunbrook or Sundance with it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7 (Mount Snow)

This lift would work at Stratton on Kidderbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    This lift would work at Stratton on Kidderbrook.
    If it ever ran.... pretty windy on that side of the hill. That traverse out of kidderbrook sucks but you put a lift there and you're also going to have the unintended consequence of adding more skiers over there skiing off the powder and glades, I'd rather do the traverse if it means getting more fresh tracks

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    If it ever ran.... pretty windy on that side of the hill. That traverse out of kidderbrook sucks but you put a lift there and you're also going to have the unintended consequence of adding more skiers over there skiing off the powder and glades, I'd rather do the traverse if it means getting more fresh tracks
    The previous Kidderbrook quad rarely was on wind hold. There is a whole lot of barely used Kidderbrook terrain that would thin out the crowd on the main face. Fresh tracks are nice, but the runout, which sucks when it is groomed, really sucks when there is fresh snow on it.

Like K's South Ridge, Kidderbrook area is broken without the lift. The quad very rarely was on wind hold.

2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information