Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 84

AlpineZone

Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    So no ski area management or ownership track record. No current holdings in the NE. Have they managed a club before (can't be anything else)? I hope they have someone on the team who knows the ski business or this will be repeat.

2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    So no ski area management or ownership track record. No current holdings in the NE. Have they managed a club before (can't be anything else)? I hope they have someone on the team who knows the ski business or this will be repeat.
    But they've owned car washes! Surely that experience must be applicable to a ski area!

I'm guessing they enter into an agreement with a ski area operations company (who knows, maybe even Boyne??) and they operate the property development, golf course, the various Inn's in the deal, food and beverage operations, etc, and then have the ski area professionals operate the resort.

Not unlike in the country club world these days where you have name courses owning their property and clubhouses, but have course operating companies, often with reciprocal play opportunities and/or multi course memberships, such as Troon Golf, operate the day to day play and maintenance functions

I agree though that on the surface, if these developers, with apparently no experience in ski operations, try and run The Hermitage on their own, that sounds like a recipe for disaster....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23,27 (Mount Southington)
    February: 1,2,15,16,22,23 (Mount Snow) 3,5,12 (Mount Southington) 8 (Bromley) 9 (Stratton) 17 (Pico)

first item of business needs to be getting rid of that awful 'hermitage' name and branding and becoming haystack again.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    first item of business needs to be getting rid of that awful 'hermitage' name and branding and becoming haystack again.
    kermit3.jpg

It looks to me like their plan is to flip the property.

SO...car washes.....in the TV show Breaking Bad the money laundering was done through the car wash...... Haha.
    I imagine flipping a ski property would take some time, I hope they have a good plan and can save the mountain. I agree keeping the lift would be key as opposed to bringing in a used quad or other chair.
    Ski it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I'm guessing they enter into an agreement with a ski area operations company (who knows, maybe even Boyne??) and they operate the property development, golf course, the various Inn's in the deal, food and beverage operations, etc, and then have the ski area professionals operate the resort.

Not unlike in the country club world these days where you have name courses owning their property and clubhouses, but have course operating companies, often with reciprocal play opportunities and/or multi course memberships, such as Troon Golf, operate the day to day play and maintenance functions

I agree though that on the surface, if these developers, with apparently no experience in ski operations, try and run The Hermitage on their own, that sounds like a recipe for disaster....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    If I were an owner at Hermitage, I wouldn't trust anyone coming in not called Cross Harbour Partners.

As to Boyne's bid on Barnstormer, I seriously would doubt they will get into much of a bidding war for it. Can't imagine their number goes any higher than about $4 mil. Given the $$ it will take to remove, package it up, ship it, reinstall (probably after some re-engineering for it's new home by Dopp), any more than that to get said asset and you probably would be better off just starting from scratch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

All they would need to do is find the right GM with ski industry experience to run the place. Doesnt really matter what they've done in the past if they find the right people and dont try to micromanage

What does a fixed grip quad cost? I'm wondering what the minimum cost for re-opening Haystack looks like, it might be cheaper to buy the mountain and buy a different lift than to buy the mountain and buy the existing 6 heated seat bubble lift.

Thread Information