• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Haystack / Hermitage news

ScottySkis

It now owned by Catamount only ski area in both NY and mass
Their website in past was never updated to
Think it the owners are old school don't realize now days impact of updates on social media type pages and customer be my guess.

Be careful about using special herb there.
Lol

It’s interesting to see how the “new” Bousquet does not seem press savvy never any updates about what they are doing, the green lift is down, no news, the new lift lift line is staked out, no news, chairs are off the yellow chair, no news. Would think they would post these developments on their website but nada[/QUOTE]

Cobbold

It now owned by Catamount only ski area in both NY and mass
Their website in past was never updated to
Think it the owners are old school don't realize now days impact of updates on social media type pages and customer be my guess.

Be careful about using special herb there.
Lol

It’s interesting to see how the “new” Bousquet does not seem press savvy never any updates about what they are doing, the green lift is down, no news, the new lift lift line is staked out, no news, chairs are off the yellow chair, no news. Would think they would post these developments on their website but nada
[/QUOTE]

Scotty, the Berkshire East folks are starting to build a regional powerhouse, they own and run Berkshire east and catamount, they will run Bousquet, are they running haystack or just providing guidance? Will the Schaefers with milltown buy any additional ski areas?

Interesting times Ahead

machski

Scotty, the Berkshire East folks are starting to build a regional powerhouse, they own and run Berkshire east and catamount, they will run Bousquet, are they running haystack or just providing guidance? Will the Schaefers with milltown buy any additional ski areas?

Interesting times Ahead[/QUOTE]They are just providing Hermitage advising, not running it. Agree that lift for Hermitage was excessive and unnecessary. Selling it raises some cash for other things that probably need to be addressed. They did sell off some snow guns in earlier proceedings before the group of owners bought the balance of the operation.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Newpylong

The lift will stay and they'll be an operating agreement in place for it as well as the run down to the Inn.