Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 74

AlpineZone

Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    If they don't want it in Carinthia, Canyon fits the profile almost to the foot ~5500 length/1100 vert. Then move that lift to Sunbrook...

If it was longer you could do some interesting things in Sundance with it.

Or maybe they would simply do a 1 for 1 swap on Sunbrook and be done with it.

Who knows.

I didn't even think of Sundance. I don't think that lodge is long for this world. If I remember correctly they had long term plans of bulldozing that area and moving maintenance over there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    I didn't even think of Sundance. I don't think that lodge is long for this world. If I remember correctly they had long term plans of bulldozing that area and moving maintenance over there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    That would be a bummer. Old school feel to it and the parking / walk is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I'm not sure if moving the six pack to Snow makes a ton of sense, since it would be a one off as the lone Doppelmayr among Poma/Leitner-Poma detachables. It would fit in better over at Stratton since they just built a Doppelmayr quad of the same generation last year. I would be surprised to see Snow move away from LPOA with all the existing lifts.

Buying the two Skytracs though, I think would be a good move. At least one of them would be good on North Face, and there's plenty of options across the mountain to replace a second aging Yan. Since Snow hasn't built any fixed grips in decades, it would be a good opportunity to build the relationship with Skytrac as they look to upgrade more lifts in coming years, especially since Skytrac is part of the LPOA family.
    Joe

2018/19 - 36 days
    Hunter - 11/17, 11/25, 12/8, 1/26, 3/16, 3/24
    Big Boulder - 11/18, 11/23, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 3/3
    Mount Snow - 11/24, 4/6, 4/7
    Camelback - 12/15
    Waterville Valley - 12/29
    Jack Frost - 1/6, 1/12, 1/19, 1/27, 2/23, 3/2
    Mountain Creek - 1/13, 1/15, 3/8, 3/9, 3/17
    Jackson Hole - 2/3, 2/4, 2/5
    Park City - 2/7, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10
    Wachusett - 2/16

Barnstormer is also a perfect fit vertical and lengthwise for rams head and I believe the rfid gate was built for six.

Of course everything else at k is poma.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

The only remote fit for one of the Skytracs would be Heavy Metal, even then they would need a new haul rope minimal, possibly additional towers and more HP. Both lifts at the Hermitage are short, low vert and small motors. Low capacity transfer lifts. I don't see MS going away from straight LP lifts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    The only remote fit for one of the Skytracs would be Heavy Metal, even then they would need a new haul rope minimal, possibly additional towers and more HP. Both lifts at the Hermitage are short, low vert and small motors. Low capacity transfer lifts. I don't see MS going away from straight LP lifts either.
    For the right price, aka bankruptcy auction levels, I could see some combination of Heavy Metal, Discovery Shuttle, Beartrap, and/or Seasons. It would help a lot that Skytrac is now owned by Poma. I could also see it being either they get Barnstormer OR the two sky tracs. Hell, the two Poma Alpha triples are also in good shape. Basically, this could be a weird moment in time where Mount Snow could upgrade 50% of their lift infrastructure for 50% of the cost.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Sunday River would happily take Barnstormer for a Barker replacement. Pretty good fit and Boyne has been all Dopp.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jg17 View Post
    I'm not sure if moving the six pack to Snow makes a ton of sense, since it would be a one off as the lone Doppelmayr among Poma/Leitner-Poma detachables. It would fit in better over at Stratton since they just built a Doppelmayr quad of the same generation last year. I would be surprised to see Snow move away from LPOA with all the existing lifts.

Buying the two Skytracs though, I think would be a good move. At least one of them would be good on North Face, and there's plenty of options across the mountain to replace a second aging Yan. Since Snow hasn't built any fixed grips in decades, it would be a good opportunity to build the relationship with Skytrac as they look to upgrade more lifts in coming years, especially since Skytrac is part of the LPOA family.
    True, essentially all of Mount Snow's high speed lifts are L-P (short of the steel of the lift and terminal towers the Grand Summit has over the years been essentially fully rebuilt by L-P) however, Peak as a company does have Dopp lifts, and I'm guessing that Dopp would gladly service a transplanted Barnstormer *if* it ever moves to Mount Snow... Would likely be a more financially beneficial situation for Dopp than what they're getting from Barnstormer now. And keeping in business with Peak *could* have benefits down the road for Dopp....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Had anyone asked Perdue Pharma yet what they think? Since they make the decisions now? How many OxyContin pills equals a chair lift?

Thread Information