• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Haystack / Hermitage news

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Going out in right field here, but since we're speculating on where Hermitage's six could go I nominate it as a replacement for Stratton's Amex lift. It would get Stratton in the SoVT bubble craze and replace their oldest six pack which is an absolute work horse for the mountain. Lot's of Dopp lifts already at Stratton.

Another great spot would be over at Killington's Ramshead but it'd be the only Dopp on their hill and they seem committed to L-P given they put in their Snowdon Six last year and are putting in the new North Ridge Quad this summer.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I still say that Mount Snow should replace Canyon with a six, move that hsq to Sunbrook, and move the old Sunbrook quad to replace Heavy Metal. That yields more capacity out of both Carinthia and Main bases, and spreads people out more around the mountain. Both necessary (imo) for the inevitable removal of Ego Alley and Sundance lifts.

sull1102

I still say that Mount Snow should replace Canyon with a six, move that hsq to Sunbrook, and move the old Sunbrook quad to replace Heavy Metal. That yields more capacity out of both Carinthia and Main bases, and spreads people out more around the mountain. Both necessary (imo) for the inevitable removal of Ego Alley and Sundance lifts.
I agree with you, but I do worry about the trail capacity in the Canyon area. Yes, Snowdance is ready to take on quite a lot more people, but still. There is also enough room over there for the barn that would be needed. Barnstormer was also built for overall less capacity than a normal six-pack so that could make sense for Canyon. Personally I wish they would change their mind about Carinthia because it would really be a nice upgrade over there with the new lodge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Bubbles get the attention of the masses... Main face... Crowded! Carinthia... Solid Crowd... Sunbrook with 100% snowmaking, some food + beverage services and a bubble would likely help keep a crowd back there for more than it does now, plus make the at times prevailing winds more tolerable, and thus keeping folks off the main face and Carinthia as well (let's be honest, most folks wanting to ski the Northface aren't going to be lapping Carinthia, or atleast won't be until the proposed US Forest Service glading off of the ridge trail between Sunbrook and Haystack happens)

*IF* Barnstormer comes up for purchase, and Mount Snow/Peak win the bidding, if they want the lift to have the most impact in terms of trying to ease the current crowding situation, IMHO the only 2 choices would be to replace either Sunbrook or Sundance with it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

icecoast1

This lift would work at Stratton on Kidderbrook.

If it ever ran.... pretty windy on that side of the hill. That traverse out of kidderbrook sucks but you put a lift there and you're also going to have the unintended consequence of adding more skiers over there skiing off the powder and glades, I'd rather do the traverse if it means getting more fresh tracks

x10003q

If it ever ran.... pretty windy on that side of the hill. That traverse out of kidderbrook sucks but you put a lift there and you're also going to have the unintended consequence of adding more skiers over there skiing off the powder and glades, I'd rather do the traverse if it means getting more fresh tracks

The previous Kidderbrook quad rarely was on wind hold. There is a whole lot of barely used Kidderbrook terrain that would thin out the crowd on the main face. Fresh tracks are nice, but the runout, which sucks when it is groomed, really sucks when there is fresh snow on it.

drjeff

Time will tell *IF* this is the actually beginning of what will allow the club to move on out of the Barnes era and into whatever it may (or may not) become in the coming years

mister moose

More than 200 creditors are owed, according to the bankruptcy form. The 20 largest include Haymaker Investments LLC, which is owed $1.5 million for investment memberships; ... Rob Girschek of Boston, who is owed $700,000 for investment memberships, the Tanaglia brothers of Wildwood, N.J., who are owed $600,000 for investment memberships,... Bob Rubin of West Dover, former Hermitage interim president and vice president of construction who is owed $500,000 for a membership investment and bridge loan; Douglas Hollenbeck of Westerly, R.I., who is owed $500,000 for a investment membership; ... Dan McLeod of Stamford, Conn., who is owed $350,000 for an investment membership; Carmen Martocchio of Vernon, Conn., who is owed $300,000 for an investment membership; ... Joseph Willen of Northport, N.Y., who is owed $250,000 for an investment membership; Steven Albert of Armonk, N.Y., who is owed $200,000 for an investment membership; Rob Aubin of Londonderrry, who is owed $200,000 for an investment membership; Kevin Siebrecht of Brookfield, Conn., who is owed $200,000 for an investment membership; Dana Nielsen of Weston, Mass., who is owed $200,000 for an investment membership; Bill Russell of Fairfield, Conn., who is owed $200,000 for an investment membership; ... Rogger and Isabelle Alvarado of Weston, Conn., who are owed $159,600 for an investment membership; and Sean Winters of St. James, N.Y., who is owed $150,000 for an investment membership.

That's a lot of investment memberships, with lots of different amounts.

WWF-VT

"In an affidavit, Barnes said the Hermitage is "confident that given its state-of-the-art facilities and favorable geographical proximity to millions of potential members, the company can use the Chapter 11 cases to successfully gain access to the additional capital and liquidity necessary to reopen and continue to upgrade the resort and its facilities, reassure and expand its membership base, restructure its balance sheet and negotiate the terms of a plan of reorganization."

Sounds like a load of BS from a guy that was ducking the Sheriff to avoid being served court documents.

https://www.reformer.com/stories/sheriff-cant-serve-court-papers-to-barnes,571105?

FBGM

Did the crack heads start stripping copper out of this place yet? Or are the drugs free with season passes to Mt snow this year? That will help the H problem in the area.

BenedictGomez

Sounds like a load of BS from a guy that was ducking the Sheriff to avoid being served court documents.

It is.

No way somebody (else) is dumb enough to capitalize that place, not without major collateral.

I'm surprised they found a sucker the first time.

icecoast1

Just another desperate ploy by Barnes to avoid losing the place to the bank. Too bad they couldn't proceed with the auction sooner.

FBGM

They should just burn it down. Collect the insurance money. If it works for the neighbors why not them.