• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf April Snowmaking

Jully

Wow! KP might be down for the season at this point sadly, if not the base around the lift is close. The Superquad side is doing excellent though.

delco714

The conditions yesterday were garbage. Can't wait to hear how good they were today, considering all the mush snow that as half of every run would be glare ice today. The mountain is done and it's unsafe to continue. That's my opinion. The wife and I quit after two runs. We're not pansies. It just wasn't fun. Was nice weather, reasonably, and good to be outside though

Jully

The conditions yesterday were garbage. Can't wait to hear how good they were today, considering all the mush snow that as half of every run would be glare ice today. The mountain is done and it's unsafe to continue. That's my opinion. The wife and I quit after two runs. We're not pansies. It just wasn't fun. Was nice weather, reasonably, and good to be outside though

I heard that about yesterday. Almost brought my lower intermediate girlfriend yesterday but didn't end up going. Very glad we passed.

Today honestly was pretty good. Some runs were tough and just solid ice with some glare ice. Kings Landing was like this, but that was still carvable and enjoyable on the two runs I did on it.

Once they started making snow on Hayburner and it accumulated a bit the trail became great. It's quite cold and pretty dry so the man-made wasn't sticky at all. Some snow blew onto Skidder too making that nice as well (I suspect it was boiler plate in the morning).

The best skiing was over at Skyline though. Sluice and Spillway were in much better condition than I expected. Wedge was also groomed for some reason and was open but required a good amount of traversing to get there so I suspect about 5 people skied it all day. That meant that conditions on the trail held up past 2. It was firm, but very carvable and was my personal favorite on the day.

Jully

IMG_20160403_134626159.jpg

Here are the guns on Hayburner. Definitely needed to make snow, but I'm pleased with the decision to do so. Should keep the mountain alive through the next two weeks.