• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bear (Highline) Mountain Mogul Challenge

Savemeasammy

All I'm saying is that there's a contingent of internet geeks who ski Killington who LOVE to talk shit and bang on their chest about how awesome the place is. BEAST is BEST BROS!!!

Beast Bros we shall call them

The temps are right, so their beloved institution should fire up the guns.

It would seem a bit hypocritical for the Beast Bros to shit on places still making snow, when their own mountain refuses to do.

Personally, I would love to see them fire up the guns and dust the course prior to the event, but I think it would take a bunch of snow to make a difference. The Highline course is really steep, and it's likely to get skidded down to boiler pretty quickly. That's why I think early qualifiers would benefit the most. Hopefully they have plenty of choppers ready to do their thing!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiur

Gonna be a half inch of rain at K today. Thats gonna melt all the snow that fell recently and bring highline back to brown. Since they will not be making snow, they are gonna have to push a LOT of snow around to make this course happen.

Highway Star

Gonna be a half inch of rain at K today. Thats gonna melt all the snow that fell recently and bring highline back to brown. Since they will not be making snow, they are gonna have to push a LOT of snow around to make this course happen.

No no, trust me it's going to be awesome, Tin said so, and he even posted gif's.

RustyK

It's like you're actually rooting for this event to suck... it's a little sad.

It's not going to... but keep the dream alive!

If if you guys are setting up a campsite, looks like the KZone will have to also.
See u out there.

Tin

giphy.gif

steamboat1

All I'm saying is that there's a contingent of internet geeks who ski Killington who LOVE to talk shit and bang on their chest about how awesome the place is. BEAST is BEST BROS!!!

Beast Bros we shall call them

The temps are right, so their beloved institution should fire up the guns.

It would seem a bit hypocritical for the Beast Bros to shit on places still making snow, when their own mountain refuses to do.
Who cares what you say?

No one bounded their chests. Just you bashing K.

Excellent moderating as usual, would expect nothing less.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Who cares what you say?

No one bounded their chests. Just you bashing K.

Excellent moderating as usual, would expect nothing less.

Different thread

And fact.

You would be one of those K chest pounders

Your words from another thread

I'll take the fresh 5" of natural at K compared to 0" at SR.

Last edited:

loafer89

It's interesting how Killington basically stopped making any snow after 2/29/16 after their electricity contract expired. Yeah, I know, Superstar has 100' of base and Kilington will be skiing until July 4th. So now for the first time in the history of the BMMC the event is not being held at Bare Mountain.

Last edited:

cdskier

So now for the first time in the history of the BMMC he event is not being held at Bare Mountain.

I thought it was interesting how they seemed to be touting the fact that holding the event in front of the K1 base area was a "historic" event in the latest Drift email they sent out yesterday.

yeggous

I thought it was interesting how they seemed to be touting the fact that holding the event in front of the K1 base area was a "historic" event in the latest Drift email they sent out yesterday.

It's not a bug. It's a feature.

loafer89

Touting the event now being held on a trail that's currently more grass, rocks and mud than snow is pathetic.

powhunter

It was unofficially held on SS a few years ago when K cancelled it. I believe 180 and his crew organized it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk