• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arapahoe Basin 04/06

4aprice

Really nice day at the Basin today. Cold front came thru Tuesday afternoon and dropped 3-4 inches of new snow moved around by the wind in the open areas but where it was settled it was a lot of fun. Really the biggest thing was what it was covering. Where the underneath was smooth it was absolutely delightful. The boy absolutely loved the place exploring Montazuma Basin and East Wall. I found some sections of trees which were just outstanding. Best conditions I've encountered all season. Wish the phone battery had not died early as the boy took me on a fun adventure in the afternoon that would have produced some good shots.
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_10301.jpg

IMG_10321.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Like I said at this point I lost battery in the phone or I would have had some good shots of Montazuma Basin.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jimk

Excellent. I skied from about 10am to noon at Park City on the 6th, then flew home. No fresh like you got, but some hero corn snow in spots and a nice final couple of hours to my season.