• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So Who's Done?

Riverskier

One more for sure at the Loaf on Thursday 4/21. If the River makes 5/1 I will be there, but skiing like Thursday is my last day of the season.

Dickc

Hit Killington today, and will go up to Sunday River for next weekend. That will about do it for me. Total should be 40 days.

snoseek

Im skiing the next 7 days and after that maybe a random day touring or abasin on my trip back east but realistically im satisfied and ready for riding bikes. Exaxt count not sure but ill pass 80

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Los

We were at Wildcat and Cannon last weekend, and Jay yesterday. We're done now. As terrible as this season was, we still skied nearly every saturday and sunday for a solid 5 months, plus a trip to colorado and some night skiing mid week. We definitely made the most of it.

mikec142

Saddest day of the year on Sunday. Took the ski rack off the car and returned my kids leased skis. With Passover this weekend and the 5 Boro Bike Tour the following weekend...we are done.

steamboat1

Saddest day of the year on Sunday. Took the ski rack off the car and returned my kids leased skis. With Passover this weekend and the 5 Boro Bike Tour the following weekend...we are done.
What are they charging for bib for the 5 Boro Bike Tour nowdays? My wife & I used to ride it but when the bib price went to $125 we stopped. That was several years ago. I remember when it cost next to nothing for a bib.

NHSkier13

Sadly, MARCH 6 at Waterville Valley was my last...

Normally I end around this time, or at least end on the $1 tickets on April 1st...

mikec142

What are they charging for bib for the 5 Boro Bike Tour nowdays? My wife & I used to ride it but when the bib price went to $125 we stopped. That was several years ago. I remember when it cost next to nothing for a bib.

Pretty sure that I paid around $95 plus a small service charge for using a credit card. I wonder if it's gone down because there are so many more riders. I just looked at my bank statement...with the service charge it was $102 and change.

steamboat1

Pretty sure that I paid around $95 plus a small service charge for using a credit card. I wonder if it's gone down because there are so many more riders. I just looked at my bank statement...with the service charge it was $102 and change.
Actually they limit the number of bibs they sell & have for years. They sell out early. Maybe I just misremembered the price we paid last time we rode. Have fun, it's a great ride if the weather cooperates.

mikec142

Actually they limit the number of bibs they sell & have for years. They sell out early. Maybe I just misremembered the price we paid last time we rode. Have fun, it's a great ride if the weather cooperates.

It is a ton of fun. This will be my fourth year.

steamboat1

Thought I was done last week again (3rd time now). Got a call from one of "Da Boyz" last night who said a couple of them are heading to VT. for a long weekend Thurs. evening. They're off from work Fri. because of Passover. He even offered to pick me up & give me a ride. How can I resist such an offer. Better yet Killington will start honoring my mid-week pass this weekend so skiing is paid for. Looks like I'll have a couple of more days coming up.

abc

You didn't mis-remember. There's a sliding scale depending on when you register. But nowadays, it sell out so early the later pricing doesn't apply at all. You're either in at the lower price or you're out.

I used to ride it, back when it was only in the 20k rider range. It was quite a zoo (and a party) even at that. So can't imagine what it's like now with double the ridership. But maybe they figured out how to run it finally.

I did the Montreal one, Tour de Lil several times. They run it a lot better, 40k riders but no blockage. Much smoother.

Sons of Thunder

Thought I was done last week again (3rd time now). Got a call from one of "Da Boyz" last night who said a couple of them are heading to VT. for a long weekend Thurs. evening. They're off from work Fri. because of Passover. He even offered to pick me up & give me a ride. How can I resist such an offer. Better yet Killington will start honoring my mid-week pass this weekend so skiing is paid for. Looks like I'll have a couple of more days coming up.

So jealous, have fun shredding for all of us. I'm still trying to get a couple of days in on the very last days of April but this weekend is probably the last prime conditions to be had. Forecast is looking warm and wet all of next week.

steamboat1

LOL.... and free lunch Sat. too for passholders.

Such a deal.

"Don't miss the Dazed and Defrosted Music Festival this Saturday, April 23. Plus, we're showing our appreciation to our 2015-16 Killington and Pico Season Pass holders with a complimentary BBQ lunch, giveaways and prizes Saturday afternoon too​".

Last edited:

mikec142

You didn't mis-remember. There's a sliding scale depending on when you register. But nowadays, it sell out so early the later pricing doesn't apply at all. You're either in at the lower price or you're out.

I used to ride it, back when it was only in the 20k rider range. It was quite a zoo (and a party) even at that. So can't imagine what it's like now with double the ridership. But maybe they figured out how to run it finally.

I did the Montreal one, Tour de Lil several times. They run it a lot better, 40k riders but no blockage. Much smoother.

They limit the ride to 32k riders and now they send them off in 4 waves in 45 minute intervals. Even so, it's pretty stop and go for the first few miles until you get through Central Park. Once you're through the park it's smooth sailing.

abc

In the Montreal ride, you get a starting time assigned to you at the time of your registration. So the starting is basically continuous, over a window of several hours.

The 5 boro ride has some special limitations, namely the bottlenecks created by the bridges. There's only so many riders can get through at the same time. Same problem with getting through Central Park.

But the bigger problem for the 5 Boro tour is they still try to wrap up the ride in too short a time. So that necessitate bunching up of riders, creating crowding situation.

Montreal spreads the ride over a much longer time window. A lot more civilized.