• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke

deadheadskier

Staff member
No you brought politics up not me. It would have been just as easy to let it go & let the page turn but your ego wouldn't have that. Not surprising at all considering your political leaning.

A. Your reading comprehension is quite poor.

B. Per usual, I really don't care what you think. Always inane dribble from you. Not sure why you always try and engage me. Oh right, that would be YOUR ego. Take your own advice.

BenedictGomez

It had nothing to do with that and everything to do with your lack of control in politicizing anything you can as Democrat vs Republican.

False (total and obvious BS too).

My post had absolutely nothing to do with "politicizing" anything, and was 100% specific, 100% factual, and completely germane to this thread topic & Ariel Quiros' behavior in greasing Vermont political wheels, which along with many other aspects of this story, I figured out prior to the masses and shared here.

The reality is, you didn't like my sleuthing because (in your mind) you perceived it as somehow negative towards Democrats (it wasn't), which you don't like. Buy hey, shame on VTDigger for "politicizing" this matter by drawing the same conclusion and posting the exact same thing that I did. LOL

Even today?

You got me curious. Wonder what their ebitda is. I think hunter's was or around $6 mil at the time sale.

Not sure. As I said, there was a lot of "free money" parachuted onto Jay Peak, but there's no way they were more valuable than Hunter Mountain before that.

I'm thinking Q loses "everything" but no jail.

Papa Q is 100% going to jail.

wakenbacon

I
don't get me started on bernie. The guy who yells about how unfair it is that folks get golden parachutes...until his wife needs one and it almost bankrupts the private college she was leading. It's all about him and a paycheck for him.

??

wakenbacon

Both parties wreak of corruption, but this is not the forum for discussing that. AZ has long had a no politics rule, which for some reason you have a history of not grasping.

Plenty of other places on the internet to discuss politics. Go find them if it's that important to you.
???

VTKilarney

In BG's defense, the information that Stenger and Quiros were funneling money to the Democrats was important information because the Democrats were in control. Posting that information wasn't a political discussion. He wasn't saying that the Democrats were any better or worse than the Republicans. He was saying that Stenger and Quiros were attempting to buy favor, that's all.

It was a mistake to delete that post. We lost an important data point. I've seen MUCH worse that isn't deleted.

deadheadskier

Staff member
which along with many other aspects of this story, I figured out prior to the masses and shared here.

Careful, don't want to bruise that back of yours

The reality is, you didn't like my sleuthing because (in your mind) you perceived it as somehow negative towards Democrats (it wasn't), .

Again, this is false.

It's about your personal history BG. I normally would have let that post go. VTK points out much worse political posts than the one you made are typically allowed to slide. However, you rank right at the top of the list on this site of members who push the limits on politics. I assumed you were going to make it a Republicans vs Democrat thing because you have a history of doing that. That is the reason. Sorry you don't like it, but it's a bed you made yourself.

Puck it

I thought Republicans were the Evil Empire. The Dems can be bought too. No way. Now I have heard everything!

River19

Politicians and developers combined with complex Federal programs are possibly entwined in a scandal involving misappropriation of program funds?.......say it isn't so.......who would have seen this coming.......I wonder if this has ever happened before......

tongue firmly in cheek.....

fbrissette

In BG's defense, the information that Stenger and Quiros were funneling money to the Democrats was important information because the Democrats were in control. Posting that information wasn't a political discussion. He wasn't saying that the Democrats were any better or worse than the Republicans. He was saying that Stenger and Quiros were attempting to buy favor, that's all.

Guys like Stenger and Quiros will funnel money to politicians in charge irrespective of their affiliation. Politicians in charge -irrespective of their affiliation- will not be concerned as long as there are good photo ops and that the voters are happy.

In other words, there are no republicans vs democrats story here. Just the typical dirty developer - accomodating/clueless/idiot politician.

MEtoVTSkier

It was a mistake to delete that post. We lost an important data point. I've seen MUCH worse that isn't deleted.

I fully agree, if you deleted this, maybe it's time to re-think a lot of things around here.

In other words, there are no republicans vs democrats story here. Just the typical dirty developer - accomodating/clueless/idiot politician.

This

BenedictGomez

It is a good concise summary but doesn't tell us anything we don't already know. I think we are in the "waiting for more news" phase of this story.

Yup, need to button-up the financial information and dot the 'i's and cross the 't's before the Federal indictments for criminal charges are filed.

River19

Yup, need to button-up the financial information and dot the 'i's and cross the 't's before the Federal indictments for criminal charges are filed.

That is exactly what I am thinking and what I am waiting for. I think part of this may also be the Feds trying to figure out who else may have charges brought against them as a knowing conspirator etc. and there is a certain special little someone who I hope Lady Karma (qkarma?) takes care of as well..........

The concurrent story is of course the behind the scenes freakout that is going on in Shummy's office and the April 8th "delete these emails" orders. Like I said before, when the lights go on, the roaches tend to scatter.....

fbrissette

I think part of this may also be the Feds trying to figure out who else may have charges brought against them as a knowing conspirator etc. and there is a certain special little someone who I hope Lady Karma (qkarma?) takes care of as well..........

To perpetuate a fraud that large for so long typically implies that very few people are involved. However, I cannot believe that Stenger and Q were the only crooks in this thing. I would be surprised if criminal charges were only levied against those two. I can think of a few (state employees and JayPeak/Burke exec.) who must have been facilitators, whether or not they personally gained financially from this mess.