Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke - Page 184

AlpineZone

Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,838 of 1838
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    I wonder if they could make the West Bowl a backcountry zone.

With some thinning (don't know how easy environmental permits would be for that), an access trail circling the West Bowl (part Long trail part below the long trail) and a collector trails back toward the resort (which would require some skinning) Jay peak could cater to this very rapidly growing population that would, hopefully bring additional business to the resort.

Otherwise, I agree that we won't see a lift in the West-Bowl in this lifetime.
    I'd love to see more areas do stuff like this, especially out east where our true back country options are limited.

I wonder if they could make the West Bowl a backcountry zone.
    Not a chance.

Your human stench will...like...ummm.....contaminate the aura of the forest and be destructive to the fauna, man.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Considering all the money that was thrown at the place in the last ten years, and the complete lack of any significant upgrades on mountain, I find it unlikely that they will do anything big on the mountain. Hell, Burke has seen more improvements on mountain during that time than Jay. And yes I am not considering the Taxi Quad.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Not a chance.

Your human stench will...like...ummm.....contaminate the aura of the forest and be destructive to the fauna, man.

But I never shit nowhere near any Bicknell's thrush nesting area !
    Last edited by fbrissette; May 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM. Reason: damn auto-correct

But I never shit nowhere near any Bicknell's thrush nesting area !

Was it bdfreetuna that wrote that epic Trip Report that featured an emergency dump in the woods? I hope that he was not near any Bicknell Thrush. If so, those poor birds died.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post

Was it bdfreetuna that wrote that epic Trip Report that featured an emergency dump in the woods? I hope that he was not near any Bicknell Thrush. If so, those poor birds died.
    Wasn't it on the ridge?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Was it bdfreetuna that wrote that epic Trip Report that featured an emergency dump in the woods?
    That is the most disgusting trip report ever written, and surpassing it will be no easy task.

It's like Wayne Gretzky's career points record. Technically it could one day be surpassed, but I just dont realistically see it happening.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information