Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke - Page 51

AlpineZone

Page 51 of 184 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    -The Burlington Free Press publishes an article today claiming that cash flow issues will force Jay Peak and Q Burke Hotel (not the mountain, mind you) to close. But it seems the receivership of both properties Q Burke Hotel was added to the receivership as well was floated a $750,000 loan to keep the doors open for the next three months. Chill, people! Title is suggested to TGR that reads "Burke Mountain and Jay Peak Plan to Operate Normally In Opposition to Media Yelling 'Closed!' For Clicks."
    Well - if that's true it's a relief - as long as no Q's are involved.

oops.
    Stenger's sons remain employees at Jay Peak, and Ary Quiros, the controversial CEO of "Q" Burke Mountain Resort, remains employed there as well.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by LONGBOARDR View Post
    That is what I heard, plus all safety sensors detectors need to be replaced. That 4 mill could probably be better spent until they get an new owner. Pretty short hike or skin from the flyer for goods on the ridge which would mostly be untouched.
    Green Beret can be pretty enjoyable on a pow day first traxs
    The tram cost $2M to build back in the 1960s. That would be more like $15M scaled for inflation.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Is there any way they could put a bubble on the Freezer, or would that just result in way too many more wind holds?
    This questions has been asked often. The north ridge is just too windy. In addition, they've mentioned that bubbles on a detachable makes it even more susceptible to wind.

Quote Originally Posted by LONGBOARDR View Post
    Pretty short hike or skin from the flyer for goods on the ridge which would mostly be untouched.
    Green Beret can be pretty enjoyable on a pow day first traxs
    Personnally, I'd be happy with a winter with no tram. However, with no Tram , there would not be any grooming to the top so the short hike would be exponentially harder. The ridge would ski beautifully most of the year,

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Personnally, I'd be happy with a winter with no tram. However, with no Tram , there would not be any grooming to the top so the short hike would be exponentially harder. The ridge would ski beautifully most of the year,
    If that happened, I wonder if they would keep a snowcat shuttle at the top of the Flyer to shuttle guests up to the Summit Haus for events? That would keep a pretty good path packed in for hiking, unless there was a fresh snowfall with drifting .
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I think it is very likely that the Tram will be repaired and running as normal. That is a crucial piece of infrastructure.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
    Ahem. The Cayenne is not a Porsche any more than a Mini is a BMW or a tranny is a woman.
    Carry on.
    Porsche has only ever made two real cars.....the 356 and the 911......right? lol

Sure there were some fantastic vehicles with the logo worthy of praise (944, 928, come to mind)....but........I digress.

Back on topic.....lol
    "I don't know what this is, but I know whatever it is, it is what it is." - A Quiros....2014 Deposition

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    If that happened, I wonder if they would keep a snowcat shuttle at the top of the Flyer to shuttle guests up to the Summit Haus for events? That would keep a pretty good path packed in for hiking, unless there was a fresh snowfall with drifting .
    They would groom it since they need access to the telecommunications gear up there, and microwave repeaters.
    Jay would lose a bit of food revenue but save on 8-10 full time salaries, not having to make snow on upper northway vermonter. 4+ million is a lot of dough when you have none and everyone is owed money.
    The other lifts could use some love too. I'd give it a real hard look based on my view from 242

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I think it is very likely that the Tram will be repaired and running as normal. That is a crucial piece of infrastructure.
    Just a gut feeling? Seems to be an essential piece of equipment but nobody is working for free and Jay has no credit.

Lots of wishcasting

Thread Information