Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke - Page 129

AlpineZone

Page 129 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1838

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    On PBS news tonight. Fed's calling it "largest EB-5 fraud"
    I did not hear that during the piece. I did hear Paul say that, not the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Apparently Peak Resorts liked his background so much they hired him!!!!
    Which tells you all you need to know about just how incredibly corrupt EB-5 is.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    On PBS news tonight. Fed's calling it "largest EB-5 fraud"
    In other breaking news, the sun is a star and dolphin live in water.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I was wondering when they would update the original story. It was largely a retread...with some verb tenses changed. They should have gone up to interview folks in the NEK.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I was wondering when they would update the original story. It was largely a retread...with some verb tenses changed. They should have gone up to interview folks in the NEK.
    Yeah maybe someone who lives in Utah who's on the save Burke committee

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Given you know everything about everything and have to let everyone know of your omnipotence, you should probably call them and give them the scoop.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    The Friends of Burke Mountain Facebook page got over 4,000 likes. Through some sort of behind the scenes process, a local innkeeper became the visible head of the page. She recently announced that the name of the Facebook page was changing to "Friends of Burke." In other words, she dropped the "Mountain" part. The page has changed its focus to promoting local businesses, such as inns and restaurants. No self serving there, eh? Too bad the board didn't step in to do something about it, but maybe they were too far away to really notice.

As a technical matter, a separate Facebook page for the 501(c)(3) group (did they ever get that status?) has been created, but hardly anyone actually knows that - nor had anyone asked for it.

The bottom line is that FOB harnessed the spirit of people that wanted to save the ski area, but changed course and morphed into a second chamber of commerce. I saw that coming when their professionally produced video featured local businesses, and had nothing at all to do with the mountain itself.

I've heard from some major stakeholders that the group has become more of a hinderance than a help at this point. Hopefully it gets ironed out. But at this point it would be much more honest to call themselves, "The Other Burke Chamber of Commerce."
    Last edited by VTKilarney; Jul 31, 2016 at 6:04 AM.

The bottom line is that FOB harnessed the spirit of people that wanted to save the ski area, but changed course and morphed into a second chamber of commerce. I saw that coming when their professionally produced video featured local businesses, and had nothing at all to do with the mountain itself.
    Right, that's real smart.

Like they can make Burke great without Burke Mountain pulling in the clientele...

Unless things are so bad they figure they'll have to survive without the mountain opening?

That would be real sad.

Kinda let the genie out of the bottle...they built a lot of good will in a very short period of time....now they want to market Burke to the 4000 who liked the original page. No Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

As to FOB: not exactly. A nonprofit has formed and has its own Facebook page. To avoid confusion the other Facebook page was renamed. That's all. Nothing too exciting. No wild conspiracies.

As to FOB it still is focused on the Burke Mountain Community. Over Memorial Day it coordinated a great "welcome back" event with the mountain. The event raised $3,000 for Kingdom Kids Ski Program. More good events coming.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information