• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Mountain like the Phoenix rises yet again!

halfpintvt

Now that the Mountain is under receivership and new management what new (or old) paths need to be forged?
I think re-establishing a solid relationship with Kingdom Trails is vital as is reaching out to the local community.
Out with the old, Let's get moving!

KustyTheKlown

from a selfish perspective (tho I do generally approve of their management style), I really want powdr/boyne/intrawest to step in and acquire Jay and Burke and put them on the max pass. All the resorts on the max pass strike me as fairly well run, and in the east, fairly committed to doing what it takes to ensure a long season

Highway Star

POWDR is currently in negotiations to buy several of Burke's lifts to build the Killington-Pico Interconnect and to install a new lift on South Ridge.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
POWDR is currently....

Get out of here :slap:

dynasty-slap-o.gif

Highway Star

That's what I hear from a high level source. Burke will operate next year with whatever lifts they have left over. They are planning on starting to pull the lifts in early June, which will allow them time to transport and refurb.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That's what I hear from a high level source. Burke will operate next year with whatever lifts they have left over. They are planning on starting to pull the lifts in early June, which will allow them time to transport and refurb.

You are such a troll.

I am cautiously optimistic.

AdironRider

Its not happening, but I don't think it would change much if they lost the high speed to recoup some operating capital.

BenedictGomez

It's a decent troll attempt, but your failure is in the timing - too soon.

You should have waited at least a month or so with this so it could seem more plausible.

WWF-VT

POWDR is currently in negotiations to buy several of Burke's lifts to build the Killington-Pico Interconnect and to install a new lift on South Ridge.

I heard that was just waiting for POWDR line up their EB-5 investors to build out the village at Killington

steamboat1

Powdr is investing close $6m in a new HSQ at Bachelor. As for K new bike routes off Ramshead (they will be running that lift for biking also in addition to K-1 & Snowshed this summer), a new zip line over Snowshed Pond, moving one of the U-bars down to Snowshed. I think they said about $350k new summer investments at K. Hopefully they'll announce a new South Ridge lift soon. Don't know about their other areas.

Cannonball

It's great to see a third Burke thread going. I was starting to feel like the other two completely redundant threads weren't really enough. If we can get a few more Burke threads going Trailboss might have to quit his real job just to find the time to post links in each of them.

fbrissette

It's great to see a third Burke thread going. I was starting to feel like the other two completely redundant threads weren't really enough. If we can get a few more Burke threads going Trailboss might have to quit his real job just to find the time to post links in each of them.

There has been more posts about Burke this winter, than actual skiers at Burke.

VTKilarney

I think it's nice that positive things are happening at Burke. Whether there are two threads or three, that's what really matters.