Burke Mountain like the Phoenix rises yet again! - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's what I hear from a high level source. Burke will operate next year with whatever lifts they have left over. They are planning on starting to pull the lifts in early June, which will allow them time to transport and refurb.
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    That's what I hear from a high level source. Burke will operate next year with whatever lifts they have left over. They are planning on starting to pull the lifts in early June, which will allow them time to transport and refurb.
    You are such a troll.

I am cautiously optimistic.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Its not happening, but I don't think it would change much if they lost the high speed to recoup some operating capital.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Those lifts aren't going anywhere... Especially K-Mart, who would rather build rope swings than re-vamp their lift system.

It's a decent troll attempt, but your failure is in the timing - too soon.

You should have waited at least a month or so with this so it could seem more plausible.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

POWDR is currently in negotiations to buy several of Burke's lifts to build the Killington-Pico Interconnect and to install a new lift on South Ridge.
    I heard that was just waiting for POWDR line up their EB-5 investors to build out the village at Killington

Powdr is investing close $6m in a new HSQ at Bachelor. As for K new bike routes off Ramshead (they will be running that lift for biking also in addition to K-1 & Snowshed this summer), a new zip line over Snowshed Pond, moving one of the U-bars down to Snowshed. I think they said about $350k new summer investments at K. Hopefully they'll announce a new South Ridge lift soon. Don't know about their other areas.

It's great to see a third Burke thread going. I was starting to feel like the other two completely redundant threads weren't really enough. If we can get a few more Burke threads going Trailboss might have to quit his real job just to find the time to post links in each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    It's great to see a third Burke thread going. I was starting to feel like the other two completely redundant threads weren't really enough. If we can get a few more Burke threads going Trailboss might have to quit his real job just to find the time to post links in each of them.
    There has been more posts about Burke this winter, than actual skiers at Burke.

I think it's nice that positive things are happening at Burke. Whether there are two threads or three, that's what really matters.

Thread Information