• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Best Vertical Vs Time Riding Lifts Ratios in North America

JDMRoma

Observation: I dont believe many people on this forum appreciate your frequent observations.

Observation: I don't believe many people on this forum appreciate your frequent Bogus Weather reports for New Jersey when posting in the NORTHEASTERN WEATHER FORUM !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Observation: I don't believe many people on this forum appreciate your frequent Bogus Weather reports for New Jersey when posting in the NORTHEASTERN WEATHER FORUM !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Observation of your observation: Here is a "pro-tip" from someone who is not a meteorologist. Oh.... Forget it.... :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
When a salesman feels entitled to give a "pro-tip" about the nuances of comedy, it smacks of condescension. Just let the guy make his comments. There is no need to protect the feelings of an inanimate object. This thread was fun until that moment.

And when a lawyer feels the need to butt into every conversation not involving him, it smacks of annoyance. I know it's extremely difficult to let the ambulance pass you by, but mind your business VTK. :)

VTKilarney

And when a lawyer feels the need to butt into every conversation not involving him, it smacks of annoyance. I know it's extremely difficult to let the ambulance pass you by, but mind your business VTK. :)

I get it. BG's comment about the tram involved you. Oh, wait... I don't get it. Pot calling the kettle black?

The difference between us is that I admit that I'm annoying.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
The difference is that I admit that I'm annoying.

If it makes you feel any better, I fully intended on being condescending towards BG. I was speaking his language. The only thing missing was not just offering the Pro Tip, but also including the "And I'm always 100% right" declaration he's famous for.

VTKilarney

If it makes you feel any better, I fully intended on being condescending towards BG. I was speaking his language. The only thing missing was not just offering the Pro Tip, but also including the "And I'm always 100% right" declaration he's famous for.

Fair enough. We're all cranky after this winter. This may be an epic summer in this forum.

Funky_Catskills

I love these threads...
Where everyone gets all mad about someones stupid opinion... :)

You all know where the good skiing is...

Back in the spring of 1998 I went for a spring day to Wildcat solo on my 210cm GS boards. Starting skiing at 9, was averaging 5 runs an hour alternating between Wildcat, Catapult, Lynx, and Polecat. I had a Powerbar in my pocket and quit at 2pm so I could drive home and have dinner with my parents. I got 25 runs in five hours for a little more than 50k of vertical in five hours.

BenedictGomez

geography-fail-cnn-iraq-demotivational-poster-1259119863.jpg

BenedictGomez

I guess I'm unusual. I don't correlate vert with enjoyment.

I somewhat agree, but it depends where you are and how honest the reported vertical is. Not all vertical (at ski resorts) is created equal in terms of how it skis, and when at teeny-tiny mountains I can sometimes get bored.

VTKilarney

I like trails to have character. The trails that I like the least run straight up and down, often under a chair lift. The Jet at Jay Peak is a good example of a trail that does nothing for me. I can see why some people like it, but it's not my style.