Man, it sure is quiet around here

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Man, it sure is quiet around here

Is it me or has this forum been a lot less active the past year or so?

Seems like a lot of people are lurking now (myself included) most of the time, due to all the inactivity. Everyone, start post whoring and wake this place up!

2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post

Seems like a lot of people are lurking now (myself included) most of the time, due to all the inactivity. Everyone, start post whoring and wake this place up!
    It just same stuff over and over again specially that Scotty who wants the harmful plant of Cannibus legalization. Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sh*tty season in the east.

Been hiking and fishing. Packed it in after my last day at Hunter after the trip to QC.

I was planning to ski one more day at SR today but just got too lazy Friday afternoon to make the trek for it. Makes me sad . Thought of spring bumps always kept me excited for spring day like today. Gear is in ME though so K trip is tough. Bathroom ripped apart enough to do here.

but I seek knowledge / advice and that always brings out the posters lol. It's re: wildlife. My daughter and I have noticed a small quick animal around the house that gets active when we go to/from driveway and by bushes at front of house - at night. Usual animals - squirrels chipmunks - aren't nocturnal. Driving us crazy because it's dark and we can hear it but can't see it. Seems about small squirrel size. She saw a fisher cat out her window last week in the trees but from the sound of the scurrying we hear, that seems too big. We're in Boston burbs.

Maybe a flying squirrel. They are nocturnal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Maybe a flying squirrel. They are nocturnal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Winner winner chicken dinner! Makes sense - one night they seemed to be birds because it was in the bushes. And the first year we lived here we had one in the house, shooed it out and never saw one again. At least I hope you're right , was getting kinda freaked we could be bitten lol.

I seemed to have lost the energy to be on here much lately. I know I am just one person, but this season got old fast. With the move and new job just dont have the time either. Being on here also does not seem fitting due to no longer being in NE. So I too lurk more than participate.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

There are a few members that have just sucked the fun out of the room. The obsessive need to contradict, correct, and argue every minor point makes for threads that devolve way too fast. It's really not enjoyable. I mostly just lurk now to see how the season is wrapping up in the east and west. But I don't have much interest in posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    There are a few members that have just sucked the fun out of the room. The obsessive need to contradict, correct, and argue every minor point makes for threads that devolve way too fast. It's really not enjoyable. I mostly just lurk now to see how the season is wrapping up in the east and west. But I don't have much interest in posting.
    I categorically disagree with your statement. There's more than a few members, who blow, and it's not an obsessive need to contradict, they are right, and need to educate everyone else. There's no point so minor in an online forum that it can't be argued.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    I categorically disagree with your statement. There's more than a few members, who blow, and it's not an obsessive need to contradict, they are right, and need to educate everyone else. There's no point so minor in an online forum that it can't be argued.
    Well now that you put it that way... I guess we should all appreciative for the schooling.

Thread Information