Man, it sure is quiet around here - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    When Dave had trouble with the chipmunks, he just took away their hula hoop. I think that strategy failed with the fat green one.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I have to say one feature I really like on Facebook is it's messenger. It is vastly superior to standard text messaging; especially for group conversations. It's so much better than standard Android or iPhone texting that if I'm friends with someone on FB, it is unlikely I will use regular text messages to contact that person. I probably use that feature more than the standard FB application itself.
    I too like the messenger feature. The only time I go on the web page now is if someone asks if I saw something they posted. I don't even have the app on my phone anymore. Just the messenger app. Once in a while I will add pics in Instagram and share them on FB but that is rare too.
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

The FB messenger app/feature is like mainlining the Internet into the vein of your personal information. There has probably been no other app more implicated in snagging your identity.

Not a Facebook user either.

I like to fly low on the radar screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    When Dave had trouble with the chipmunks, he just took away their hula hoop. I think that strategy failed with the fat green one.
    That fat bastard couldn't fit in the hula hoop, anyway. Following Dave's lead, yelling and threatening grounding doesn't work either, so you should probably just resign yourself to waiting for the situation to resolve itself and the rodents to conveniently learn their lesson on their own.

Re: FB, I have an account I set up to get my brothers to shut up, but there is nothing on it now, and I only log on occasionally to double check privacy settings and un-tag myself from pictures. I haven't deleted the account because it seems overly aggressive. Or something. I do, however, actively avoid businesses that force a FB login to access information.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    That fat bastard couldn't fit in the hula hoop, anyway. Following Dave's lead, yelling and threatening grounding doesn't work either, so you should probably just resign yourself to waiting for the situation to resolve itself and the rodents to conveniently learn their lesson on their own.
    Luckily that usually only takes about half an hour, and you can pretty much do what you want with their royalties because courts probably aren't interested in cases filed by chipmunks. With a little patience and a few tiny monogrammed nightshirts, SkiNEwhere is all set to PROFIT!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I have to say one feature I really like on Facebook is it's messenger. It is vastly superior to standard text messaging; especially for group conversations. It's so much better than standard Android or iPhone texting that if I'm friends with someone on FB, it is unlikely I will use regular text messages to contact that person. I probably use that feature more than the standard FB application itself.
    FB messaging is the only way to reliably communicate with my furnace guy.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    FB messaging is the only way to reliably communicate with my furnace guy.
    I think that says more about your furnace guy than it does about FB messaging.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    I think that says more about your furnace guy than it does about FB messaging.
    It works for us. When I call him because he's in some cellar he get's no signal. By the time he calls me back I'm out of the house or my cell is off. Texting for me is a pain as I have a cheap tracphone and don't feel the expense of a smartphone is worth it.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

It's May, and after this lousy season I'm more focused on surfing right now I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information