• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best expert chairlifts in new england

snowmonster

Just throwing this out for consideration:

Jordan Bowl Express (Sunday River) - Caramba below it; access to Oz and glades (Blind Ambition, Flying Monkey and all the off-map stuff)
King Pine Chair (Loaf) - Lap Brackett Basin as long as you don't drift down too far.

I miss skiing talk on AZ. Greetings from the hot tropics!

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I miss skiing talk on AZ. Greetings from the hot tropics!

Hi Martin. We should meet up, I'm going skiing on your side of the Pacific at the end of August/early September. :spin:

On the best expert chairlift in new england? Here's my choices (not in any order):

The single at MRG
Frontrunner quad at Stowe
Madonna chair at Smuggs

I know this isn't in New England, Summit quad at Whiteface and summit lift (don't remember the name) at Gore in NY.

tree_skier

The Joey List

The Bluebird express
Sunburst Six
Snowdon Quad
any Gondola
any Stratton lift

Now for my
My Favorite 5

The Single
Forerunner
Castlerock
Killington Peak Double Chair
Summit Chair (double) Ascutney

ne_skier

Not sure if this has been said already, but Red and Black at Magic. Both serve some serious steeps and the lifts themselves have plenty of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyr

"And Paradise is more of a trail with "great character" than it is an expert run."

The Paradise woods on the skiers left of the run has some of the best glades in all of New England. There are tons of lines to go down back in there, Its definitely an expert run. I'll take the Paradise woods over the Castlerock pod any day.

2Planker

I'm gonna say Wildcat's Summit Quad.
Access the whole damn Mt., and some amazing back country between Thompson Brook & the AT .

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm gonna say Wildcat's Summit Quad.
Access the whole damn Mt., and some amazing back country between Thompson Brook & the AT .
+1

IMO tied with the Forerunner at Stowe for the best chair in New England for sustained vertical and terrain variety (including expert) it accesses off of it.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

The Sneak

Freezer at Jay
Red at Magic (yes black line flattens out - mercifully IMO - towards the bottom)
Burke’s summit chair (yes the glades have runout but I still think it counts)

Damn I miss skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk