Best expert chairlifts in new england - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Except for Liftline & Rumble Castle Rock really isn't that steep. It gets it rep from lack of grooming & natural snow.
    That is true. Narrow and original grades as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Except for Liftline & Rumble Castle Rock really isn't that steep.It gets it rep from lack of grooming & natural snow.
    Sounds good to me.

It also fits the definition in that it literally is, all expert terrain, which is a chair rarity.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

What about poor little old K-1, Catwalk, Downdraft/Cascade headwalls, upper Escapade/Helter Skelter to name a few. Just about everything on the mountain can be accessed from there including Canyon/Superstar/Bear pods, OL/Devils Fiddle & everything in between. Want some challenging glades? Try Anarchy, Juanita, Julia & Growler to name a few. All accessible from one lift if you know your way around.
    I had considered K1, but figured that didn't work due to the long run out qualifier, so I didn't include it. I guess some of those trees and the Bear stuff technically have a long run in and no run-out.

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    Kennebago at Saddleback. Under your stated vertical but loads of expert terrain from tight trees to steep open groomers to classic narrow new England old school trails.

Imho for expert skiers one of the absolute best pods in new England to lap all day.
    I totally agree! Hope to be able to ski it this year.
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

What about poor little old K-1, Catwalk, Downdraft/Cascade headwalls, upper Escapade/Helter Skelter to name a few. Just about everything on the mountain can be accessed from there including Canyon/Superstar/Bear pods, OL/Devils Fiddle & everything in between. Want some challenging glades? Try Anarchy, Juanita, Julia & Growler to name a few. All accessible from one lift if you know your way around.
    K-1 does have a runout on some of those trails you mention below the Canyon Chair.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Skyline & Forerunner

Those two lifts HAVE to be in the top 5 for this list to have any legitimacy. They have some of the steepest terrain in all the East accessed from these lifts & when those places are 100% open...It doesn't get much better (IMO).

Except for Liftline & Rumble Castle Rock really isn't that steep. It gets it rep from lack of grooming & natural snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    That is true. Narrow and original grades as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Sounds good to me.

It also fits the definition in that it literally is, all expert terrain, which is a chair rarity.
    Completely agree. I'll take the natural twists and turns plus natural snow and no grooming of Middle Earth and CastleRock Run any day over something that is simply steep with no character.

I think the best expert chairlift in New England is the Cannonball Chair at Cannon. That unload ramp can have have some nasty ass conditions and make the toughest slope at Cannon on days. Right Cannonball!!!!

The other is the High Country double at WV, not for speed but for the feel like you are going to fall of the whole way up if the safety is not down.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I think the best expert chairlift in New England is the Cannonball Chair at Cannon. That unload ramp can have have some nasty ass conditions and make the toughest slope at Cannon on days. Right Cannonball!!!!
    It's the only double black at Cannon.

Middle Earth has legit steeps. May not be the entire trail length, but ski it TTB and it kicks butt.

Thread Information