Best expert chairlifts in new england - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Speaking of Cannon, today marks 13 years since the Old Man took a dive.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Speaking of Cannon, today marks 13 years since the Old Man took a dive.
    Sad day

30bd9d2241267dde543a17b4f29131e7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I think the best expert chairlift in New England is the Cannonball Chair at Cannon. That unload ramp can have have some nasty ass conditions and make the toughest slope at Cannon on days. Right Cannonball!!!!

The other is the High Country double at WV, not for speed but for the feel like you are going to fall of the whole way up if the safety is not down.
    I haven't ridden most of the chairlifts mentioned in this thread but I cannot imagine they require more skill to use than any random surface lift. Maybe one of those conveyer belt loaders. Or something with a midstation. Or the south ridge triple. Does it count if it no longer exists?

Red or Black at Magic. Both just over 1400' and little/no run out if you ski both liftlines down.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Why is a bit of a run out such a bad thing? I actually like it to relax the legs for a couple of minutes after hitting the steeper stuff hard.

What would not make the list (run out or not) is the summit quad at Pico. Nothing worth skiing there. Don't bother checking any of that out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    What would not make the list (run out or not) is the summit quad at Pico. Nothing worth skiing there. Don't bother checking any of that out at all.
    Agree Pico sucks, don't go there....

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Note, must have a few expert runs off chairlift must have at least 1400+ vertical, can't have a long run-out.

North Peak Express, Loon Mtn
    Heaven Gate, Sugarbush
    Castlerock, Sugarbush
    Madona, Smuggs
    single chair, MRG

please add, comment.
    In my opinion, Heavens Gate, Madonna, Castlerock and North Peak Express all need to get tossed due to runout. Sorry, stretching an expert pod to 1400+ vertical in New England on a chair usually = runout. Skyline at SL doesn't have much so that is good. I think at Loon I'd put the Lincoln Express before North Peak, less flat runout off the experts in my opinion. I'd disqualify the Forerunner at Stowe too. Far too much runout. Heck, all their black/double blacks get changed to blue for the lower third to boot (not saying the terrain on the top isn't great, but this arbitrary vert and runout conditions kill it).

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Wildcat's quad.

There was no expert skiing at Wildcat this year. That's why I didn't mention it!!!

Normal year, yes some good terrain with the liftlines, Hairball, Al's ect, but it's also not continuous. The goods are there at Wildcat, they just are fragmented and in shorter bursts unlike some of the other options mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    this arbitrary vert and runout conditions kill it).
    True story. Does a runout diminish the quality of the terrain you just skied?

Sometimes "run outs" still allow for enjoyable skiing. M1 is a great example. Sure, the bottom is not steep, but there are plenty of places to duck into the trees to keep things fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information