• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 2/14

2/14/07
Hunter Mountain
Powder

Top 5 day of all time. They opened at 8:15. Unheard of. Mrs 180 and I were on chair 1. Skied open to close. 45 Minutes for lunch. Opening shot Hellgate to Racers then Upper 42 3 times, almost knee deep already. West Side. Fresh tracks on Clairs. Then Upper/ Lower Taylors. Unreal!

44 fence line top to botton with the wife at my side. Upper Crossover to 42 to secret woods. Pick up kids. 5 runs for them go for lunch.

Wayout to side woods, then 44 again untracked along skiers right, do again then i ski under Z lift betweeen both doughnuts and into Lower Taylors, really deep. Upper Cross behind guns knee deep to Milky Woods to Chicken Ridge Woods unbelievable.

Missed a lot of others but you get the picture.

Last run the Mrs skis under the top of the quad with me then under D lift to the base. What a day!

kingslug

Nice! These reports are great. I wish I was here for all this but at least we have a season again. Should be good right through March now.