• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible Good News after this season.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I've noticed the same thing here. Any color I've seen is associated with a dry or dying branch. No whole trees are changing yet.

A video shared earlier in this thread did say we'd see above normal temps well into December due to warm water off the eastern coast but that temps would at some point flip to more normal levels and then the warm water would fuel storms coming up the coast. I'm really interested to see if this comes true.

In the mean time it's nice to see snow falling in the Rockies.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

The water off the eastern coast won't be so warm now with the hurricane sitting there for days.

delco714

I've noticed the same thing here. Any color I've seen is associated with a dry or dying branch. No whole trees are changing yet.

A video shared earlier in this thread did say we'd see above normal temps well into December due to warm water off the eastern coast but that temps would at some point flip to more normal levels and then the warm water would fuel storms coming up the coast. I'm really interested to see if this comes true.

In the mean time it's nice to see snow falling in the Rockies.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
Well..I'm in Maine. Trees are changing :). It's the daylight and sun movement! The weather hasn't changed.still very warm

MEtoVTSkier

Well..I'm in Maine. Trees are changing :). It's the daylight and sun movement! The weather hasn't changed.still very warm

I'm in central Aroostook. No trees really changing up here, just the few usual early dropping off the white birch, nothing on the maples yet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bigrock 9.5.16.jpg
    Bigrock 9.5.16.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited: