• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season Pass Plans

xwhaler

Ragged $249 no blackout pass + Fox 44 card for a VT 3 day trip + Warren Miller for Wildcat/Sugarbush/Pats Peak night.
I'm sure I'll be at Cannon a few times as well.
I also have a $25 Boyne rewards voucher that expires Early Dec so will likely use that towards an early season (pre Thanksgiving) Loon ticket.

Looking fwd to having a pass again---been since 09-10 when I was a Saddleback pass holder.
The discount game is fun for variety's sake but will be nice to have a home base as my oldest son starts ski lessons.

Last edited:

drjeff

Those only count!!! Unless of course deduct those days from your 15-16 pass. :)

With all the discounts out there I've always wondered if buying a pass every other year would work out. Guess it depends on planning and number of days. Along with willingness/desire to ski other places.

I picked up the Explorer now that my girls are skiing. Was going to buy it anyway, but the low price was a nice surprise. I already got about 8 or 9 days on it, including a Big Boulder. I'll miss the free agent days a bit, but the Mount Snow pass makes a lot more sense with the kids.

I've always based my "cost per day" for my pass based on the day I buy it vs a particular ski season, especially since early pricing discounts now tend to involve well over a month of the ski season before summer.

Since I make a note in my log of ski days that I keep of when I bought my "next year's" pass, it's pretty easy for me to figure out exactly how many days I get on each years pass, even if the days accumulate over parts of 2 ski seasons

dlague

I've always based my "cost per day" for my pass based on the day I buy it vs a particular ski season, especially since early pricing discounts now tend to involve well over a month of the ski season before summer.

Since I make a note in my log of ski days that I keep of when I bought my "next year's" pass, it's pretty easy for me to figure out exactly how many days I get on each years pass, even if the days accumulate over parts of 2 ski seasons

The early season discount is a one time thing if you buy at the same resort. Right? Since all other season passes will be good for the entire season.

But you do need to include the 8 days in the overall dollar cost average.

Zand

Peak Pass for day trips to Mt. Snow as well as a couple weekend trips to the MWV, Wachusett bronze for night skiing (*awaits jeers from Crotched fans), and probably a Fox44 pass to spice things up. Might get a Killington spring pass but might not be worth it since Wachusett pass gets me a free Express card there so I'd need to go 5-6 times to break even. Guess that'll depend how long Mt Snow lasts.

4aprice

Wife and I splurged this year. 2 passes each, Camelback and MaxPass. Trips to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine along with 2 western trips to Colorado and Utah/Colorado. Should get a lot of skiing in and make up a lot of ski time that was lost this year. Still marveling at the fact that its all been payed for already.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Dickc

Will do for this season what I've done the last two. Pass will be bought in October through Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation. You must have volunteered ten days the prior season and sign up for at least ten this season. You get about $300.00 off the spring rate for passes or $749 for a gold.

This serves me very well THIS year as on June 23 I get to have major back surgery. If, for some reason, I cannot ski this coming winter, I just do not buy a pass this year.

chuckstah

Boyne Bronze pass is already purchased. About $300 after applying Boyne rewards points. This will provide me 1-2 days per week hopefully from Oct til early May, and April weekends at SR after they close midweek. I'll probably supplement it with a Fox44 card and/or ski VT card for variety and an occasional weekend trip. Boyne Bronze worked out to less than $9 per day this year.

yeggous

Third-ed? Solid plan just hope to use the damn SkiVT pass this coming year!!!😭

Fourthed. Plus I'll get the Mt Washington Valley Sampler pass again. Maybe the Jay Peak pass if I go on that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

The usual SR gold for 4 of us. But kiddo having ACL surgery in 3 weeks - so not sure what to do about hers. Pay in installments - first one tomorrow. No one at SR pass office today to ask - thinking we'll pay for it and then cancel if skiing seems impossible. if she's doing great and can start in December/jan - don't want to pay MSRP then. No experience with ACL - but my kiddo's tough and young and in good shape - so hopeful. Although MD says skiing is last sport to reintroduce...but he probably doesn't understand lmao.

jaytrem

I'm just messing with you. I know you're way too....detailed or accurate to count them twice. If lived in CT I would have been honored to let you fix my teeth (and that would have pretty much paid for all your skiing for the next 10 years, all because of a 5th grade basketball accident, doh).

machski

The usual SR gold for 4 of us. But kiddo having ACL surgery in 3 weeks - so not sure what to do about hers. Pay in installments - first one tomorrow. No one at SR pass office today to ask - thinking we'll pay for it and then cancel if skiing seems impossible. if she's doing great and can start in December/jan - don't want to pay MSRP then. No experience with ACL - but my kiddo's tough and young and in good shape - so hopeful. Although MD says skiing is last sport to reintroduce...but he probably doesn't understand lmao.

Talk to DB directly on your daughter's pass. The year I broke my ankle on Valentine's Day skiing, I found out from DB after the fact they would have done something for me with my Gold Pass (likely advancing some of the coat towards the next year's pass). Not sure if the pass office is high enough up 😉.

HD333

We plan to use the lake house up at Winnipsaukee this season as our home base rather than rent a place for the season, kids year round sports don't make renting a place logical at this point, so we got Gunstock passes for the family, no brainer at around $1900 for 4. Spending under 2 grand for passes and not renting will leave a bunch of $ for traveling, just need to decide if that means out west or somewhere warm, or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonian

Peak Pass - ranger edition. Already 2 days on it (Snow and Wildcat) this spring. I will also get the Gunstock Pass (if cashflow allows it!) This way I have Snow, Atti/cat, Crotched and Gunstock. Blackout and family days at Gunstock. Day trips to Snow and Crotch. And extended weekends up at Atti/cat with gilford the base! Excited for the next season already!

WWF-VT

Already bought Mt Ellen Plus passes for next season. Ski at Lincoln Peak before Mt Ellen opens and after Mt Ellen closes and and 5 additonal days at LP.

dlague

Talk to DB directly on your daughter's pass. The year I broke my ankle on Valentine's Day skiing, I found out from DB after the fact they would have done something for me with my Gold Pass (likely advancing some of the coat towards the next year's pass). Not sure if the pass office is high enough up 😉.

There is also Pass Insurance!

steamboat1

Talk to DB directly on your daughter's pass. The year I broke my ankle on Valentine's Day skiing, I found out from DB after the fact they would have done something for me with my Gold Pass (likely advancing some of the coat towards the next year's pass). Not sure if the pass office is high enough up .

There is also Pass Insurance!

I wasn't able to find any information on Boyne's refund policy or if they offer pass insurance so I don't know their policy. Killington started offering pass insurance for free a couple of seasons ago.

Here's their policy: http://www.killington.com/site/tickets/winter_passes/passholder_faqs/credit_policy

skiMEbike

Same as every year....Buying the New England Gold Pass. Gets you access to some of the best terrain in the East with one of the longest seasons in Sugarloaf & Sunday River (No offense to the Loonatics).

thetrailboss

Staff member
Already bought Mt Ellen Plus passes for next season. Ski at Lincoln Peak before Mt Ellen opens and after Mt Ellen closes and and 5 additonal days at LP.

That pass was a great value for me. Glad to see it is still offered.

bigbog

With the rubber ligaments/tendons that young kids have...he should do just fine SkiFanE.

Boyne's SL prices will stay until October...so their Silver will be okay pending news of what's predicted for the Rockies...
Those are nice prices theTrailboss....