• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season Pass Plans

ERJ-145CA

I bought an unlimited pass for Mt. Peter in Warwick, NY for my kids, my wife and I. I ski with the family there at least one day each weekend that I'm off during the season. Their cheapest prices are in the spring, the sale ended May 31st. $229 for an adult pass and $199 for a junior.

In the fall I'll buy my weekday Mountain Creek pass, that's when they have their cheapest pass prices. I paid $249 for the last 4 years because I locked in when they had a 2012 election sale. Since I have a lot of weekdays off I ski there alone on weekdays quite a bit. It's only 10 minutes from my house.

Last edited:

ERJ-145CA

Not from my own families experience (yet at least) but from other GREAT friends family experiences injury wise, Peak Resorts at least has a "doctor's note" ='s massively pro rated injury refund, even more so if your family is a long time, multi pass holding family!

Hopefully your daughter will make a quick and 100% recovery and be ready for Halloween on snow at SR!!

When I broke my leg at Mountain Creek in early January 2013 they gave me a full credit for my pass the next season with a note from my orthopedic surgeon.

loafer89

I'm halfway through paying off two Peak Passes as of today. Planning on getting about 30-40 days out of the pass next season.

yeggous

I'm halfway through paying off two Peak Passes as of today. Planning on getting about 30-40 days out of the pass next season.

I should mention that a critical part of my plan is to buy a large value of Peak Resorts gift cards at the Boston ski show. I'll load them right onto my pass. They save 20% on everything you buy, including next year's season pass.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

loafer89

I should mention that a critical part of my plan is to buy a large value of Peak Resorts gift cards at the Boston ski show. I'll load them right onto my pass. They save 20% on everything you buy, including next year's season pass.

From what I understand I already get a 20% discount on retail purchases with the Explorer Pass.

yeggous

From what I understand I already get a 20% discount on retail purchases with the Explorer Pass.

This is on top of any passholder discount. They sell gift cards for $100 that come loaded with $125 value. You can use them as regular gift cards or load them directly onto your pass (which I recommend -- can't lose them and don't need to carry them around). For example, that full tune at the shop regularly costs $35. Your passholder discount brings it down to $28. My weekly mug club special gives me an additional 10% off (offered about once per month) making it $25.20. With my gift card I am effectively paying $20.16 for my full stonegrind hand tune. Even without the mug club special I am paying $22.40 for that tune any day.

My second favorite deal is Crotched offers $15 lessons with a ski club discount. After paying with my gift cards, I am effectively paying $12 for a group lesson which gives me someone to follow me and point out all the ugly habits I have accumulated.

To bring it to the big picture, I spend $2,000 on gift cards every year. That gives me $2500 in value, saving me $500 over the course of the season. Of that I spend half of the value on season passes, and the other half on incidental purchases (lunch, stone grinds, and a lot of beer).

loafer89

This is on top of any passholder discount. They sell gift cards for $100 that come loaded with $125 value. You can use them as regular gift cards or load them directly onto your pass (which I recommend -- can't lose them and don't need to carry them around). For example, that full tune at the shop regularly costs $35. Your passholder discount brings it down to $28. My weekly mug club special gives me an additional 10% off (offered about once per month) making it $25.20. With my gift card I am effectively paying $20.16 for my full stonegrind hand tune. Even without the mug club special I am paying $22.40 for that tune any day.

My second favorite deal is Crotched offers $15 lessons with a ski club discount. After paying with my gift cards, I am effectively paying $12 for a group lesson which gives me someone to follow me and point out all the ugly habits I have accumulated.

To bring it to the big picture, I spend $2,000 on gift cards every year. That gives me $2500 in value, saving me $500 over the course of the season. Of that I spend half of the value on season passes, and the other half on incidental purchases (lunch, stone grinds, and a lot of beer).

I am going to the Albany Ski Expo this fall instead of Boston, they are roughly equal distance from where I live, but Albany is easier to get to. I have never been to the Albany show, but Mount Snow will be there. From what I understand, there are more giveaways at the Albany show.

yeggous

I am going to the Albany Ski Expo this fall instead of Boston, they are roughly equal distance from where I live, but Albany is easier to get to. I have never been to the Albany show, but Mount Snow will be there. From what I understand, there are more giveaways at the Albany show.

I've never been to the Albany show. That might as well be the moon from where I live. I don't know if the gift card special is offered in Albany. I don't remembering hearing of it being offered there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Los

White Mountain Superpasses and whaleback... If I had the financial wherewithal I would have also purchased 299 ragged mountain season passes and/or the peak pass...

sull1102

Don't, Albany is nothing compared to Boston, not worth driving 45 minutes to like I did this year.