Dangerous to be on the road these days

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Dangerous to be on the road these days

One of my friends was in a serous accident yesterday and was fatal for the guy who he hit. He was driving his RV on a straight section of road when someone was distracted and swerved around a stopped vehicle at a stop sign and into his path.

20 min ago I witnessed a car swerve to miss another car stopped at a light . The car snapped a telephone pole in half and rolled 3 times ,I called in the accident , I don't know if they will survive . It was good to see all the good samaritons helping 5 to six people trying to stop the bleeding .

Both of these accidents were caused by distraction , I'm guilty of it myself from time to time but after the last two days I will keep my phone out of reach ! Stay safe please!!
    "Make Greenland Green again"

agree

In the few months before moving to NH from CT I witnessed 3 accidents right in front of me. Thankfully there were no fatalities.

World Health Org reports that in 2013 there was a little over 34,000 highway deaths in the US. Over 261,000 in China! 1.2 Million world wide. Dangerous is an understatement.

http://www.who.int/gho/road_safety/m...ths_number/en/
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Aftermath of accident my wife had last weekend near Wellington station (rts 16 and 28 I believe). Guy ran a red light, crashed into a RAV4 which then crashed into hers. No injuries but she was shaken up a bit.

Insurance actually says the fender and doors can be repaired...will have to see.

Scary. Glad she's okay.

We had a woman die crashing head on into a tree at the end of our street just this week. 40mph speed limit, so no idea how fast she was going and no major curve in the road. No skid marks what so ever so it doesn't appear any attempt was made to slow down. Maybe texting, maybe asleep at the wheel or medical emergency. Haven't heard a cause yet, but see the giant scar on the big oak tree everyday now reminding us of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Aftermath of accident my wife had last weekend near Wellington station (rts 16 and 28 I believe). Guy ran a red light, crashed into a RAV4 which then crashed into hers. No injuries but she was shaken up a bit.

Insurance actually says the fender and doors can be repaired...will have to see.
    Likewise glad she's ok , my wife had a life changing accident in 1999 , waiting for a light to change in an active school zone was hit by two cars from behind and pushed her into a truck .Guy who was behind her claimed he was stopped but wife said two impacts . An exec at the Co. She worked for and a little old 75 yr old lady who could could be in A Norman Rockwell painting . She started getting calls from the exec telling her to "Say he was stopped". She refused to say so because she as not looking it the mirror.

Three totaled cars in a active school zone WTF ! Wife kept complaining of neck pain and headache and after a year doctors finally discoverd four bulging discs , a nerve oblation and and a many years of pain . She refused surgery as she didn't want to have her whole neck fused. I am not one to sue but the insurance co stopped paying after 3 months leaving us with no alternative . The insurance company refused to settle . Apparently my wife's trip to the chiropractor for low back issue left them an out .Three months before the accident we to a trip to NH and hiked Cannon , I had a picture of her with my 3 yr old standing on a huge boulder she climbed, judge wouldn't allow the picture in also he threw out all the medical bills ! A "pain and suffering " amount of $ 15,000 and a lawyer Bill of $21,000

A year later her job gets "eliminated" .
    My "Stephanie " rant basis !
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Picture issues on post...also seeing some issues with editing posts lately.

Wife's Jeep:

Other two cars, Camry hit RAV4 which ran into the Jeep:

Attached Images Attached Images

When you're driving, drive. That's it. Radio at a level that allows you to hear what's around you. Phone in a pocket. Hands on wheel, eyes on road.

People need to remember they're piloting a couple thousand pounds of steel around at speed. F=MV.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    When you're driving, drive. That's it. Radio at a level that allows you to hear what's around you. Phone in a pocket. Hands on wheel, eyes on road.

People need to remember they're piloting a couple thousand pounds of steel around at speed. F=MV.
    F=ma. P=mV
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    F=ma. P=mV
    Details, details... Big + Fast = BOOM!
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Thread Information