New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 17

AlpineZone

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 188
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

    Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to try it in October I hope. 1hr 10m from my house. It's 10% for the "exercise" of using ski muscles before the season. 10% for the novelty. And 80% for the "damn it feels sooooooooo good to ski" feeling.

    2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

    Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    It actually opened in December 2019 and closed in March 2020 due to Covid.

    I have been. You can get in 12 good medium radies turns. It is cold - 28 degrees all the time. Snow is very good. Music playing, worth the $25 in my opinion. It was not crowded, and will be even less so now at 25% capicity. There is a terrain park, learning area also. And great hot chocolate, but pricey.

    Park on 3rd floor if you can and avoid the esclator

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    worth the $25 in my opinion.
    This can't be true. The internet told me it sucks.
    2019-2020


    Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

    Total Ski Visits 48


  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    It actually opened in December 2019 and closed in March 2020 due to Covid.

    I have been. You can get in 12 good medium radies turns. It is cold - 28 degrees all the time. Snow is very good. Music playing, worth the $25 in my opinion. It was not crowded, and will be even less so now at 25% capicity. There is a terrain park, learning area also. And great hot chocolate, but pricey.

    Park on 3rd floor if you can and avoid the esclator
    Really, it opened in December? I must have missed it... Is there a charge to park?

    Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

  5. #165

  6. #166
    Am I reading that right? You are THREE HOURS AND 45 MINUTES AWAY?? You are certainly more dedicated than I am. I'm still not sure if it's worth braving the Cross Bronx Expressway just for a few hours of Indoor Skiing...

    Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by skef View Post
    Here’s the other (an other?) thread on this place: https://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...re-opening-day
    My bad, I didn't realize this was being discussed. I did a quick search for, "Big Snow" but couldn't find anything. I might have used the key word, "Xanadu" to find this thread. I blame my phone and the Tapatalk app...

    Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Am I reading that right? You are THREE HOURS AND 45 MINUTES AWAY?? You are certainly more dedicated than I am. I'm still not sure if it's worth braving the Cross Bronx Expressway just for a few hours of Indoor Skiing...
    I'm 11 minutes away (per google maps) and still don't think it is worth it...but to each their own.

  9. #169
    Yep. 3:45 according to Waze. NH isn't real close to NJ. I need to ski.

    Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

  10. #170
    A good chunk of this forum drivers 4-6+ hours to ski literal crap in the pursuit of "skiing every weekend November-April".

    I'd rather drive 90 minutes for the indoor skiing in the fall vs 90 minutes for outdoor skiing when its 10 degrees the day after an inch of rain in the middle of Feburary.
    2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:16 AM.