New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    What? Sure about that?
    $16 for VZ & $15 for GB cash. Do you think they'll be charging more for a couple of hour session in the dome?

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    $16 for VZ & $15 for GB cash. Do you think they'll be charging more for a couple of hour session in the dome?
    Seriously? You guys actually pay that? Ouch. I am surprised the voters allow such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Seriously? You guys actually pay that? Ouch. I am surprised the voters allow such a thing.
    How else could NYC have such a low 10% state & city income tax rate and 8.875% sales tax if not for $15 bridge toll?

Quote Originally Posted by nycskier View Post
    I doubt they will bump up the dome. Too much insurance liability. Maybe you get a few small jumps and some rails.
    I'm sure that jumps and rails cause way more injuries than low-angle seeded bump runs, but you may be right. Alternative is to get a group and ski the same line over and over again until natural bumps form.

$126 for trucks with six axles. Nice!

I got bored very fast at the dome in Dubai...
    Like a few runs only...

But you can't drink there - would've been better after a few drinks... hahahah

Only a fool would get to the Meadowlands from Brooklyn via The Rock - , Brooklyn Bridge to the Lincoln Tunnel - FREE

Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    Only a fool. would get to the Meadowlands from Brooklyn via The Rock - , Brooklyn Bridge to the Lincoln Tunnel - FREE
    $15 to come back to NYC through the tunnel though. GWB same thing, free outbound, $15 to come back. Lets not forget the NJ Turnpike tolls either, they charge both ways.
    Last edited by steamboat1; Jun 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycskier View Post
    I doubt they will bump up the dome. Too much insurance liability. Maybe you get a few small jumps and some rails. Most likely NJ dome will cater to kids and beginners. Also it could be a great place to demo skis before you buy. There will certainly be a ski shop attached to it in the mall.
    I don't know how bumps increase liability. You can't sue them for falling in bumps and getting hurt. Bumps are probably much safer than groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I don't know how bumps increase liability. You can't sue them for falling in bumps and getting hurt. Bumps are probably much safer than groomers.
    Oh but you can. That's the beauty of America! Everyone remember the hot coffee McDonald's case? I don't see how that's much different than this in terms of the level of stupidity. I also think that it might be different than a ski resort because it'll attract potentially a much different demographic.

Good point about groomers though.

Thread Information