New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AZ Summer Summit ,music by Funky ? Keg rail jam ? paging Nick.

"Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Oh but you can. That's the beauty of America! Everyone remember the hot coffee McDonald's case? I don't see how that's much different than this in terms of the level of stupidity. I also think that it might be different than a ski resort because it'll attract potentially a much different demographic.

Good point about groomers though.
    Ski accidents are part of the inherent risk of the activity. Third degree burns are not an inherent risk of drinking coffee. When I spill coffee, I expect it to hurt a little but not do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Hah...I live 5 minutes from there and still wouldn't do that...
    Yeah, as a novelty I'd like to check it out once just to see what it's like, but I cant imagine it holding your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Seriously? You guys actually pay that? Ouch. I am surprised the voters allow such a thing.
    The non-payers outnumber the payers. And it's getting worse as payers flee the state (I'll be one of them in a few years).
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Oh but you can. That's the beauty of America! Everyone remember the hot coffee McDonald's case? I don't see how that's much different than this in terms of the level of stupidity.
    Wonder if McDonald's will start getting sued by people who develop cancer from drinking hot coffee.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health...isk/index.html

I had occasion to hit Ski Dubai once. It was a lot of fun for the few hours I was there. Little rail park set up on left wall, small jumps below the "midstation" of the quad and a slalom course setup on the skiers right line. Without that slalom course, would have been a bit boring. But lapping the course was a lot of fun. Since I spend many a night at Teterboro each year, I could see a few of those in the off season spent at the dome. Just hope their rental gear is better than Dubai's. My binding slid before the first run and I had to reset it. Saw a early teen boy trying to figure his ski out, wound up he had the same problem. Fixed his too.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    AZ Summer Summit ,music by Funky ? Keg rail jam ? paging Nick.
    Anyone interested in a Saco River canoe day followed by a BBQ and campfire? That's my typical summer outing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, as a novelty I'd like to check it out once just to see what it's like, but I cant imagine it holding your interest.
    Right, would be cool once to go in July or August just to say I skied in the summer. Beyond that...doubt it would be interesting enough for me to go back and spend more money there.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    $16 for VZ & $15 for GB cash. Do you think they'll be charging more for a couple of hour session in the dome?
    Absolutely will be charging more than $15 to ski at this place for a couple of hours.

Once again, we need to take a step back as we're debating the merits of this and will it or won't it work, and remember that we AZ'er's 99% of the time AREN'T their target market and make up the vast minority of the skiing population.

After school programs, learn to ski programs, adult "beer league" racing, likely in today's day and age a decent rail/jump line, and you've got LOT'S of potential customers with a likely decent retention amount before you even broach the "novelty" crowds.

If you've ever been to a hike to rail jam event at a ski area in their off season, they get a decent turnout with minimal promotion and a crowd that very often will keep hiking too and hitting the same half dozen features or so for hours on end - We AZ'ers while incredibly dedicated to this sport, just plain and simply aren't the target main audience for this
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

I disagree. Kids have so much going on in the summer already. It'll be a hard sell.

Thread Information