New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    EZ Pass can help with the Port Authority tolls. The toll for the PA bridges and tunnels with EZ Pass is $10.50 off peak and $12.50 peak. It is always $15 for cash. There are also car pool plans that can lower it to $6.50.
    PEAK HOURS
    Weekdays: 6-10 a.m., 4-8 p.m.
    Sat. & Sun.: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.

The PA bridges and tunnels are for the crossings between NY and NJ. Tolls are only collected when entering NY.

Once you add a few people into your car, it is usually cheaper to drive vs mass transit, as long as you plan on street parking.

This thread is funny as hell. The only way to get out of NJ free is to the north. Every other direction you pay. No one pays to come here. (except via the Cape May - Lewes Ferry) Seems Ct and NJ are equally bad just in different ways. I mean after all you would think some of our NJ cities would offer full life time pensions to beach life guards (a 2 1/2 month job) and go bankrupt, oh wait, they did. I know maybe we can sell Marijuana just in that city and it will magically be revived. I mean the intelligence coming out of Trenton is mind blowing. Ct want to go toe to toe with "Jerzee" chasing away business? I bet we are way in the lead. We'll just raise the gas tax and kill what ever other incentives exist to keep decent people here. Of course the environmental people (Sierra Club) and Public Worker Unions have been urging our pols to jack up them taxes. If the politicians don't get you there are now these dime sized jelly fish whose sting can cause kidney failure down at the shore. That will teach those bennies a lesson. God, I hope we don't get overrun at the lake. I'm counting the days till I can leave.

As far as the skiing "dome" is concerned, I bet it won't be cheap. Of course being NJ I wouldn't hold my breath until it actually does open.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    This thread is funny as hell. The only way to get out of NJ free is to the north. Every other direction you pay. No one pays to come here. (except via the Cape May - Lewes Ferry) Seems Ct and NJ are equally bad just in different ways. I mean after all you would think some of our NJ cities would offer full life time pensions to beach life guards (a 2 1/2 month job) and go bankrupt, oh wait, they did. I know maybe we can sell Marijuana just in that city and it will magically be revived. I mean the intelligence coming out of Trenton is mind blowing. Ct want to go toe to toe with "Jerzee" chasing away business? I bet we are way in the lead. We'll just raise the gas tax and kill what ever other incentives exist to keep decent people here. Of course the environmental people (Sierra Club) and Public Worker Unions have been urging our pols to jack up them taxes. If the politicians don't get you there are now these dime sized jelly fish whose sting can cause kidney failure down at the shore. That will teach those bennies a lesson. God, I hope we don't get overrun at the lake. I'm counting the days till I can leave.

As far as the skiing "dome" is concerned, I bet it won't be cheap. Of course being NJ I wouldn't hold my breath until it actually does open.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    NJ pols can do as they please. The NYC metro workforce is a captive, well paid audience that they'll always be able to leech off of.

My PhD only kept me in the state five years but I moved back to PA after three. The commute is preferable to only being able to afford living in a shoebox. The traffic does suck though, but only one more year of it.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    There are around 10 NJ to PA bridges that do not have tolls including I-95.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    that's how you get a BILLION dollar deficit in a small state
    How do you get $500 billion to $1 trillion + deficits in a country with only 50 states?

That's $10b-$20b + per state per year.

Shits going to hit the fan someday.

Hope after my lifetime.

But maybe, just maybe, they'll have an indoor skiing dome in NJ.
    Last edited by steamboat1; Jun 16, 2016 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    EZ Pass can help with the Port Authority tolls.
    Oh you mean I'll only have to pay $11.08 to go over the Verrizzano instead of $16.
    How the F did they come up with $11.08?

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Oh you mean I'll only have to pay $11.08 to go over the Verrizzano instead of $16.
    How the F did they come up with $11.08?
    I have EZ-Pass but would still have to pay the $16 rate apparently for that bridge as the discount only applies to EZ-Pass tags provided by a NY EZ-Pass customer service center.

As for the number, apparently they decided the NY EZ Pass discount for the Verrazano should be 30.75%. Maybe they just pulled that percentage out of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I have EZ-Pass but would still have to pay the $16 rate apparently for that bridge as the discount only applies to EZ-Pass tags provided by a NY EZ-Pass customer service center.

As for the number, apparently they decided the NY EZ Pass discount for the Verrazano should be 30.75%. Maybe they just pulled that percentage out of a hat.
    So how did they come up with $5.50 for SI residents Simon? 65.625% discount, these people are out of their birds.

You could always take the SI ferry for free. It was always free until they decided to charge a nickle for the ride. Didn't take long for them to figure out it cost more to collect the nickle than it cost to let everyone ride free, they then raised it to a quarter, same outcome, funny chit.

I know quite a few people who work(ed) on that ferry. Good salary & benefits, plenty of overtime with good retirement pensions & benefits after 20 years. a lot of them were able to double dip pensions after working other gov't jobs until they cut that chit out for newer employees. Gotta love guberment jobs.

And you wonder why the gov't is broke.
    Last edited by steamboat1; Jun 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    And you wonder why the gov't is broke.
    Oh I don't wonder...the answer has been pretty obvious for a while. Most politicians would not survive running a real business.

The high cost of commuting in and out of Long Island is one reason I left in 2006 and never looked back. I'm quite happy living 5 miles south of the MA line. It's 35 minutes to Ski Sundown, 1 hour to Berkshire East and 1hr 25m to Mount Snow. All of Southern Vermont skiing an easy day trip.
    Last edited by loafer89; Jun 17, 2016 at 8:00 AM.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

Thread Information