• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017?

cdskier

How Federal indictments werent handed out like candy, I'll never know, other than somehow the Feds never got involved.

Or maybe they did get involved and got some kickbacks or payoffs from someone! Nothing would surprise me.

jg17

Looks like they will open in phases, with the retail mall opening first. So perhaps that is what we will see at the end of summer. As for the ski building, the exterior looks like it hasn't been touched yet, so seriously doubting it will open anytime this year at the least. Would think their priorities would be for the water park / amusement park / movie stuff first after retail, which will draw far more people (myself excluded).

Even though the ski slope needs to be painted, the inside is just about ready. The lifts, and I think also the snowmaking infrastructure, have been installed for nearly 10 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had the understanding that the skiing would be one of the first parts to open.

rtjcbrown

Governor Phil Murphy must be salivating at what kind of new taxes he can come up with to slap on them as soon as they open.

ThinkSnow

A very good friend is a NJ state building inspector, who has worked on that site many times and says no one knows when it will open.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
For those who have their own equipment, a slope access ticket those ages 7 and up will cost $34.99 for two hours or $49.99 for four hours. Tickets purchased online will be available at a reduced rate, although the company didn’t say how much of a discount.

This is absolutely a fair price, IMO. 1.5 hours from my house I must admit I will definitely be doing this sometime next summer. 90% for the novelty even though I won't admit it, 10% so I can say I did some pre-season "exercise" :spin:

cdskier

This is absolutely a fair price, IMO. 1.5 hours from my house I must admit I will definitely be doing this sometime next summer. 90% for the novelty even though I won't admit it, 10% so I can say I did some pre-season "exercise" :spin:

$35 for 150 feet of vertical? Meh...I'm 5 minutes away and I'll pass...

skiur

I will hit it up, should be a nice making turns in a refrigerator on a 90 degree July afternoon.

cdskier

In the next few weeks people will be paying $60+ to ski 550 feet of vertical at K...with a two-way stair trip! ;-)

That K price is still a better deal (about half the price per vertical foot AND you can ski it more than 2 hours if you want for that price!). Personally I can't see paying for that either though, but at least you're on a real mountain.

mikec142

I'm totally in on this. It's far from ideal. But I'll be happy to make some turns on a random Tuesday night.

FBGM

Will be lit. Me Joey and the boys will be drinking and skiing. Just like Huntah but with better snow and closer.