New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Went to NJ yesterday for a wedding reception. Church ceremony was in Staten Island so I had to use the Verrazano bridge to get there (toll). The wedding reception was in Jersey City (Liberty State Park), two tolls to get there from Staten Island. Then another two tolls to get home to Brooklyn from Jersey City. I have no idea what my total cost for the five tolls was since I use EZ-Pass but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.
    Let us know, I'll set the Over/Under at $25.50.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Let us know, I'll set the Over/Under at $25.50.
    Gotta be more then that. Assuming round Trip, VZ is what? $ 15 at least, NJTPK prob $2 each way, then the Gothals on the way back (Is it $15 too? Went over it a while back but don't remember). Just spent like $30 round trip to go out to the Hamptoon's this past weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    I take the ferry and never drive though the city. The ferry is worse as it costs me 70+ one way!
    Time is money. Time sitting in traffic takes years off our life. NOT driving through the city avoided all the time stuck in traffic. Also save on gas and the wear & tear of the car.

When I used to live on the island, I also took the ferry EVERY TIME. The (behind the wheel) time saving is significant. I can eat and take a nap on the ferry, drive the rest of the way without stopping. Definitely worth the $70! (was less back when I lived there)

Is this a thread about the New Jersey ski dome or a bitch fest about highway tolls ?

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Is this a thread about the New Jersey ski dome or a bitch fest about highway tolls ?
    Believe me with the price I think they will charge for the "Ramp" and the tolls getting there, it will be an expensive outing. Beside's this is assuming the thing actually opens, something I will have to actually see to believe. (Its been sitting there empty for what 10 years now?). Its all just a small view in to how this state works, the tolls (and its not just the toll, its the price of the toll) are just another dig into the wallet. As you can probably tell I'm not too pleased with the "home state" these days.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Actually it's bitch fest about BRIDGE tolls.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Actually it's bitch fest about BRIDGE tolls.
    Tunnels are no better. Most expensive commute though is the fast ferry's from the Highlands & other Jersey locations way back in Raritan Bay to Manhattan. The ones that just cross the Hudson & East Rivers aren't so bad. Then there's always the free Staten Island Ferry. Parking can cost on those routes however. Heard they're going to start running the Rockaway Ferry to Manhattan again. They had this running after Sandy but discontinued it about a year ago. The price at that time was the same as the NYC bus & subway fare. Don't know if it will still be if/when it starts running again. It was heavily subsidized by NYC. Subsidies stopped, ferry stopped.
    Last edited by steamboat1; Jun 20, 2016 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    By increasing the bridge and tunnel tolls, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Mayor de Blasio wants to launch his five-borough ferry service by next summer — so he can tell New Yorkers crammed onto subways that he’s accomplished something, transportation-wise, before his re-election bid.
    Re-election bid? This guy actually thinks he's going to be re-elected? I bet he's going to be forced to drop out by his own party.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information