• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017?

tumbler

Will be lit. Me Joey and the boys will be drinking and skiing. Just like Huntah but with better snow and closer.

Still won't have as many starter J-E-T-S jackets as Huntah

catskillman

Still won't have as many starter J-E-T-S jackets as Huntah

There will be none of that. You have to wear their clothing! Included in your lift ticket.

I understand they will be color coded based on the time your lift ticket runs out. 2 hour , 4 hr .... tickets will be sold.

Interesting.......

machski

There will be none of that. You have to wear their clothing! Included in your lift ticket.

I understand they will be color coded based on the time your lift ticket runs out. 2 hour , 4 hr .... tickets will be sold.

Interesting.......
If this is anything like how Ski Dubai runs, yes they will have rental outerwear, but you are free to use your own. All the lifts at Dubai had RFID gates and your pass was coded for the valid time you paid for. They had kiosks where you could add time to your pass conveniently located. Hopefully Big Snow will have better rental hardware than Dubai. All of their skis and Boots seemed to be well worn out stuff from the Alps. That was back in 2010 though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

nycskier

The real money for them could be with the attached ski shop where you can demo equipment before you buy. I would totally spend a day there in summer/fall testing skis before I bought a new pair.

Also I am totally hitting this with my kids. For 8 and 5 year olds this will be a dream place to go to after ski season ends to keep the skills up.

cdskier

skiur

Making snow must be rather easy in that fully controlled environment. No excuse for shitty conditions.

twinplanx

Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk

skiur

Seems like this place opened up recently. Idk how, guess they couldn't wait any longer? Apparently the rest of this "mall" will open in stages. Doesn't make sense to me, but not much about New Jersey does to me. Looks like it's about $35 for 2hrs. Think I spent about that much last time I went bowling... Anyone gonna check it out?

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk

Little late for me now, but if next year is a normal summer I will hit it up on on hot humid July day.