New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017? - Page 19

AlpineZone

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    I feel like to be successful they are going to need to have slalom leagues or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916 View Post
    I feel like to be successful they are going to need to have slalom leagues or something.
    I'd go there to ski a decent bump line off season .
    "White Privilege ": The ability to suffer through life's universal indignities without blaming another group for them.

satrianifnr

I skied it 3 times with the kids before COVID. At the time my youngest was 5 years old and skiing basically clicked for him there. He was able to ski the whole thing with ease and made transition to going to Hunter easy. We did kicked off the season there right after it opened and getting a few runs in before ski season started made everything better for the kids.

When we went there were no bumps. But also no lines. It was great for the kids and I had a blast. We probably would have gone at a lot over the summer if it wasnt for COVID.

I know the place re-opened and I wish them well because having it is awesome but I would be very reluctant to go into a mall and ski indoors in recycled air right now.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

That is one cursed project. I used to see it rising and thought...that is so ugly. Seems like a good operator now and hey, take the kids if safe. The 'Meadowlands Commission" is something that could only exist in New Jersey. Well, now that I think about it the Port Authority and the Triborough Bridge and that little bridge up north of Manhattan. What a bunch of bloodsucking parasites. Lampreys. I guess they are all near water.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB-Z View Post
    That is one cursed project. I used to see it rising and thought...that is so ugly. Seems like a good operator now and hey, take the kids if safe. The 'Meadowlands Commission" is something that could only exist in New Jersey. Well, now that I think about it the Port Authority and the Triborough Bridge and that little bridge up north of Manhattan. What a bunch of bloodsucking parasites. Lampreys. I guess they are all near water.
    Not just NJ. Massachusetts Turnpike Authority is right up there

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Not just NJ. Massachusetts Turnpike Authority is right up there
    And recall they dismantled the TUrnpike Authority in 2009. . only to create another one to replace it.

Way back, it was promised to be toll free once paid off in 1978 - approx 20 years after completion. Then, of course, tolls were raised.

They even planted bonsai plants at some of the toll plazas to make sure they spent their entire budget. This way they get to keep that budget for the next year and so on.

What was Reagans quote? 'The closest thing to eternal life is a government agency. . . . ' something like that.

Thread Information