• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Jersey Meadowlands ski dome to open summer of 2017?

rebel1916

I feel like to be successful they are going to need to have slalom leagues or something.

nycskier

I skied it 3 times with the kids before COVID. At the time my youngest was 5 years old and skiing basically clicked for him there. He was able to ski the whole thing with ease and made transition to going to Hunter easy. We did kicked off the season there right after it opened and getting a few runs in before ski season started made everything better for the kids.

When we went there were no bumps. But also no lines. It was great for the kids and I had a blast. We probably would have gone at a lot over the summer if it wasnt for COVID.

I know the place re-opened and I wish them well because having it is awesome but I would be very reluctant to go into a mall and ski indoors in recycled air right now.

JoeB-Z

That is one cursed project. I used to see it rising and thought...that is so ugly. Seems like a good operator now and hey, take the kids if safe. The 'Meadowlands Commission" is something that could only exist in New Jersey. Well, now that I think about it the Port Authority and the Triborough Bridge and that little bridge up north of Manhattan. What a bunch of bloodsucking parasites. Lampreys. I guess they are all near water.

tumbler

That is one cursed project. I used to see it rising and thought...that is so ugly. Seems like a good operator now and hey, take the kids if safe. The 'Meadowlands Commission" is something that could only exist in New Jersey. Well, now that I think about it the Port Authority and the Triborough Bridge and that little bridge up north of Manhattan. What a bunch of bloodsucking parasites. Lampreys. I guess they are all near water.

Not just NJ. Massachusetts Turnpike Authority is right up there

1dog

Not just NJ. Massachusetts Turnpike Authority is right up there

And recall they dismantled the TUrnpike Authority in 2009. . only to create another one to replace it.

Way back, it was promised to be toll free once paid off in 1978 - approx 20 years after completion. Then, of course, tolls were raised.

They even planted bonsai plants at some of the toll plazas to make sure they spent their entire budget. This way they get to keep that budget for the next year and so on.

What was Reagans quote? 'The closest thing to eternal life is a government agency. . . . ' something like that.